Question So my PC boots fine, and is okay for about 30 seconds after I log in. All of the sudden these fuzzy rainbows show up in a bunch of patterns.

Jun 29, 2019
It boots fine but all of the sudden it instantly starts to show those fuzzy rainbows. Then as soon as it comes the rainbows go away, and the PC is completely frozen. I've waited for about ten minutes after it freezes to see if it rights it's self to no avail. If I don't log in, the problem doesn't occur. I'm wondering if it's an issue with the memory, but I'm most likey completely wrong. Any input is helpful, thank you. The gpu is an overclocked rx 560 if that is helpful.

overclocked rx 560

THAT, is most likely your problem. Either your overclock exceeds the safe or stable settings that your card is capable of or your power supply is unable to supply the demand of your overclocked card.

I'd recommend you REMOVE the overclock you configured, until you determine what the exact problem is. If you can't do it normally then boot into windows in safe mode and make the changes there, then restart.

What is the exact model of your power supply?

Jun 29, 2019
THAT, is most likely your problem. Either your overclock exceeds the safe or stable settings that your card is capable of or your power supply is unable to supply the demand of your overclocked card.

I'd recommend you REMOVE the overclock you configured, until you determine what the exact problem is. If you can't do it normally then boot into windows in safe mode and make the changes there, then restart.

It's an EVGA 500 watt 80+

Jun 29, 2019

That solved it. I dropped the core clock on the gpu, and that solved it. Thank you so much