B_I_O_M

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
Unfortunately, my power cord for my only computer broke a couple month ago, and when I ordered a replacement, that didn't work as well. Because I wasn't able to send the item back in time, I'm stuck with two cords that don't work, and I need a way to fix at least one of them. So here's the situation...

Power cord #1: Original power cord that came with the computer (IBM Thinkpad T30 2366). The cord broke just behind the tip* and now plug-free. While the box-thingy-majiger is sill operational (as I found out when the exposed wires began to arc when I plugged the thing in), without the tip, it's no good (duh).

Power cord #2: It's in the opposite condition of the first one. While the tip is still attached, the box does not work, or at least I believe it doesn't because the box-thingy-majiger does not heat up when plugged in. I tested the box with multiple plugs and in multiple sockets, yet still nothing.

So, is there anything I can do to alleviate this problem without paying more money? Also, if you want to see some pictures of the plugs, I will gladly upload some.

SWfiend

P.S. If the image doesn't work, please tell me how and I'll fix the it.

B_I_O_M

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010

:D, haha, aren't you a silly goose.

Lol, how would I go about soldering it? The only reason I ask is because a power cord seems a lot more difficult to solder than fixing a kink on a motherboard. If there is a guide out there that could help me and you guys know of it, I would love to see it.