So my work is throwing out a mini fridge/freezer.

thewalrusking

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2003
Is it possible that I could rip out the pump and compressor, and the radiator so that i could build myself a water cooling powerhouse? I dont have experience with Refrigerators. but i am real handy with my well, hands, and thought that it would be a powerful overclocking tool. Id come along and ad the necessary parts that my pc would take, the correct heatsinks, water tubes, resevior, etc. I just thought the pump on this would kill those little ones OC kits have.

Leonstryfe

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2006
Gotta becareful with customized cooler, remember heat + cool air might make moistures, and that doesnt look good for electronics.

croc

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 14, 2005
I'm sure that it will do a good job of keeping your beer cold... But as far as tearing it down and re-using it in your PC, just how good of a vaccuum pump do you have access to? Not to mention that (here in AUS) you need a license to buy refrigerant.

Get the beer cooler, and keep it at that.

apt403

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2006
Not to mention that (here in AUS) you need a license to buy refrigerant.

thats why you drain the anti-freeze out of your car! works great! or you could just use water. unless you mean chilled liquid cooling, then you might have a problem with using water, your water tubes will turn into freezy pops.