So Slow If Compared To Windows 7!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rafael Mestdag

Reputable
Mar 25, 2014
I've recently reinstalled Windows 7 Ultimate to replace a recent Windows 10 10240 installation.
The system was so slow if compared to Windows 7, especially the boot up and also almost everything I did on the OS was sluggish and took ages.

Why is that? Is anyone else having the same experience with Win10?

Solution

Depends on the hardware, how you had it setup, and most of all anything 'in the background' that may be messing it up (90% of posts EXACTLY like that finds MALWARE when they finally do a proper FULL SCAN with Malwarebytes, AdAware, etc.) which would be 'wiped' when you reinstall W7.

Honestly I have been using W10 for months now, started on one kids PC then onto my newish Thinkpad2, then the other kids and finally my own...

Depends on the hardware, how you had it setup, and most of all anything 'in the background' that may be messing it up (90% of posts EXACTLY like that finds MALWARE when they finally do a proper FULL SCAN with Malwarebytes, AdAware, etc.) which would be 'wiped' when you reinstall W7.

Honestly I have been using W10 for months now, started on one kids PC then onto my newish Thinkpad2, then the other kids and finally my own Alienware m17x-R2. This last release is the fastest boot time I seen in W10, and I am hampered with a SATA II motherboard while I still do have a SSD EVO as my main OS Drive.

I would do the 'basics' just to make sure it isn't something else also in the background, but also I use it for my MONTHLY check overs of all the computers as my 'cheat sheet'.
Did you install all Windows Updates? Including OPTIONAL except BING? Check them and repeat till ALL are installed.

Download and run Slim Drivers, install all the latest updates but you don't need to reboot until you do the last update

Download and run SPECCY, copy and paste the first tab to show your idle temps

Download and run MSI Afterburner, in the settings turn ON OSD, then go through and SET the stuff to 'watch' by enabling them in OSD (On Screen Display)
Now run some of the games that run poor, what temps are you getting when underload as compared to what you posted?
With MSI Afterburner Do you see anything funny that the CPU or other parts are maxing out (we are testing here not trying to WIN at the games, so if your screen is filled with readouts then just deal as we are just observing).
Do you see this problem when in SOLO MODE? Only when Multiplayer?
Check all the games you listed, and provide if there they ALL or just SOME are having this issue?

Open Computer, Can Air dust out the bunnies and use paint brush on the vents, coolers, fans, etc.

Go through and provide a response on each point, don't SKIP IT because "I ALREADY DID IT" , just try doing it again as of THIS post so we know NOW what is happening as compared to BEFORE you posted.

lastly make sure your system is 'up to snuff' and nothing hiding in the background is always a best practice

Download AUTORUNS and turn off anything NOT critical on startup, so you don't need to run JAVAScheduler to check for Java updates everytime you start your computer for example. BE CAREFUL AND KNOW WHAT YOUR TURNING OFF BEFORE YOU DO IT.

Go to www.filehippo.com, download Malwarebytes, go to CUSTOM Scan and set it to do a full system scan (by DEFAULT IT DOESN"T DO THAT, and AntiVirus doesn't pick up alot of malware) - this resolved almost ALL other similiar posts to date as most had Malware the AV didn't pick up.

Remove whatever AV your using and download AVIRA, AVG, Comodo or Panda go to CUSTOM Scan and set it to do a full system scan (by DEFAULT IT DOESN"T DO THAT) - this repeatedly has resolved alot of people issue relying on MS Essentials.

Repeat the AV/Malware scans till the system comes up clean.

Solution

AgPaul

Honorable
Jan 23, 2015
just wait for device specific drivers to be finalized

every build I have had has been leaps and bound better than the one before and my hardware doesn't even have proper drivers running yet.
Try a clean install too. Before I did a reinstall, whenever i would try and shut the computer down it would get pissed off, spew out a bunch of errors and blue (frowny face) screen

Status
Not open for further replies.