Question So USA Today's website causes my laptop to run at 70*C

Mkeelcab

Prominent
Jun 7, 2019
So I was using my laptop for school, browsing USA Today and for some reason the website causes my computer to run a 70 C when it typically runs at 45-50 C . As I started writing this I also started playing a 4k video on youtube, to see how hot it will get, and it still only gets up to in the 60s . so what the hell is going on here?

For reference I'm using a spectre folio model:13-ak0013dx

Ralston18

Titan
It might have been some combination of events: aka "a perfect storm".

For example while you were browsing USA today perhaps some backup, update, or other activity was launched in the background.

Determine if the overheating re-occurs and under what conditions.

Use Resource Monitor or Task Manager to observe laptop performance.

First observe before going online, then while visiting other known/familiar websites, and lastly USA Today.

Watch for system changes that drive up the temperature.

So I was using my laptop for school, browsing USA Today and for some reason the website causes my computer to run a 70 C when it typically runs at 45-50 C . As I started writing this I also started playing a 4k video on youtube, to see how hot it will get, and it still only gets up to in the 60s . so what the hell is going on here?

For reference I'm using a spectre folio model:13-ak0013dx
Probably due to all the ads on their website causes the CPU usage to spike. What browser are you using?

Mkeelcab

Prominent
Jun 7, 2019
For example while you were browsing USA today perhaps some backup, update, or other activity was launched in the background.
No I was monitoring everything to make sure some other program didn't cause this, and I barely have any programs installed on the laptop ,and even if I only have chrome running when I go to USA Today the temp spikes

Probably due to all the ads on their website causes the CPU usage to spike. What browser are you using?
I believe jeremyj_83 is right as soon as I open it the cpu usage spikes, but I thinking now it may be combo of my cpu and gpu (my integrated gpu) being stressed because my cpu spikes to 100% while everything loading the levels out in the 40-50% range, while normally with a few programs open and browsing on chrome it sits around 30%, and my gpu jumps to about 20% constantly, but when browsing other pages and using other programs it doesn't usually go above 10% . also I'm using chrome.

No I was monitoring everything to make sure some other program didn't cause this, and I barely have any programs installed on the laptop ,and even if I only have chrome running when I go to USA Today the temp spikes

I believe jeremyj_83 is right as soon as I open it the cpu usage spikes, but I thinking now it may be combo of my cpu and gpu (my integrated gpu) being stressed because my cpu spikes to 100% while everything loading the levels out in the 40-50% range, while normally with a few programs open and browsing on chrome it sits around 30%, and my gpu jumps to about 20% constantly, but when browsing other pages and using other programs it doesn't usually go above 10% . also I'm using chrome.
The USA Today and its subsidiaries have a crazy number of ads on the page that just suck up CPU cycles. If you can run Ad Block Plus that will help, but sometimes the USA Today website won't let you look at articles then.