So, what have you been playing in February?

Nothing to do with a similarly entitled previous thread. At all. So no
flames, if you please.

Think of this thread as thermometer, measuring the temperature of the
gaming waters. What's hot, and what's not.

Let's see what the people on this NG have turned their mice to over the
past few weeks. Are we still playing HL2? Are we playing HL2 mods
online? Are there any other new games out there (incredible, but it may
be true ;))? Or are we taking refuge in the classics, the trusty old
games that continue to please?

Me?

I'm still slogging my way through Far Cry.
Interspersed with the occasional game of Spider Solitaire, which I have
just rediscovered (4 wins a row!)

Chadwick wrote:
> Nothing to do with a similarly entitled previous thread. At all. So no
> flames, if you please.
>
> Think of this thread as thermometer, measuring the temperature of the
> gaming waters. What's hot, and what's not.
>
> Let's see what the people on this NG have turned their mice to over the
> past few weeks. Are we still playing HL2? Are we playing HL2 mods
> online? Are there any other new games out there (incredible, but it may
> be true ;))? Or are we taking refuge in the classics, the trusty old
> games that continue to please?
>
> Me?
>
> I'm still slogging my way through Far Cry.
> Interspersed with the occasional game of Spider Solitaire, which I have
> just rediscovered (4 wins a row!)

SWAT 4 demo -managed 95 points on Hard difficultly but couldn't hit 100
JDoom -Pe4m_all.wad
ZDoom 2 -all of the KBoom and KHills levels
Crusader: No Regret
Indiana Jones & The Fate of Atlantis -using ScummVM

--
best regards, mat
np: xtc - making plans for nigel.mp3

www.pdxshows.net

Pluvious

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2002

On 2 Mar 2005 04:17:25 -0800, "Chadwick" <chadwick110@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Nothing to do with a similarly entitled previous thread. At all. So no
>flames, if you please.
>
>Think of this thread as thermometer, measuring the temperature of the
>gaming waters. What's hot, and what's not.
>
>Let's see what the people on this NG have turned their mice to over the
>past few weeks. Are we still playing HL2? Are we playing HL2 mods
>online? Are there any other new games out there (incredible, but it may
>be true ;))? Or are we taking refuge in the classics, the trusty old
>games that continue to please?
>
>Me?
>
>I'm still slogging my way through Far Cry.
>Interspersed with the occasional game of Spider Solitaire, which I have
>just rediscovered (4 wins a row!) --
(on easy I my stats on Spider Solitaire are : 244 wins/85 losses/Most
wins 7/most losses 3. High of 1201)

Multiplayer FarCry mostly. Due to the early framerate issues when this
game first came out I didn't even bother to try online thinking it was
going to be a choppy mess. Couple of weeks ago I discovered that its
not like that at all and quite awesome. Offical servers in West Coast
for me are at 15 PING!!! And I'm running over 70 fps on HIGH settings
ONLINE. Its like shooting apples in a barrel.. they have no chance.

I also have been playing "BreakQuest" which is a little Indie game
that won an award recently. http://www.nurium.com/index.php

Pluvious

Day of Defeat. Always Day of Defeat. Perfect mix of action, strategy,
and teamwork.

UT2004 (mostly CTF and vCTF)

Worms 3D (I'd never played any worms game before, really enjoying it.)

Andrew

wrote:

>Think of this thread as thermometer, measuring the temperature of the
>gaming waters. What's hot, and what's not.

The bulk of my gaming has been the SWAT 4 demo, I have played it to
death! I love it when a demo of a game that I wasn't expecting arrives
and gets me hooked. Been playing CS:S and UT2004 as well.

/me drums fingers waiting for the BIA demo.

I'm playing Evil Genius. And every once in a while, I dabble in some single
player maps for HL2. Go here for some... http://www.levels4you.com/

> On 2 Mar 2005 04:17:25 -0800, "Chadwick" <chadwick110@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Think of this thread as thermometer, measuring the temperature of the
>>gaming waters. What's hot, and what's not.
>
> The bulk of my gaming has been the SWAT 4 demo, I have played it to
> death! I love it when a demo of a game that I wasn't expecting arrives
> and gets me hooked. Been playing CS:S and UT2004 as well.
>
> /me drums fingers waiting for the BIA demo.

slartibartfast

"Chadwick" <chadwick110@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Nothing to do with a similarly entitled previous thread. At all. So no
> flames, if you please.
>
> Think of this thread as thermometer, measuring the temperature of the
> gaming waters. What's hot, and what's not.
>
> Let's see what the people on this NG have turned their mice to over the
> past few weeks. Are we still playing HL2? Are we playing HL2 mods
> online? Are there any other new games out there (incredible, but it may
> be true ;))? Or are we taking refuge in the classics, the trusty old
> games that continue to please?
>
> Me?
>
> I'm still slogging my way through Far Cry.
> Interspersed with the occasional game of Spider Solitaire, which I have
> just rediscovered (4 wins a row!)

Some HL2,
Riddick - I'm not realy liking the hand combat against armed guards, I'm
having to replay things over and over to much.
FlatOut,
Burnout3,
Farcry,
And I always go back to the Max Payne games.

Steph

"Chadwick" <chadwick110@hotmail.com> wrote in

> Nothing to do with a similarly entitled previous thread. At all. So no
> flames, if you please.
>
> Think of this thread as thermometer, measuring the temperature of the
> gaming waters. What's hot, and what's not.
>
> Let's see what the people on this NG have turned their mice to over the
> past few weeks. Are we still playing HL2? Are we playing HL2 mods
> online? Are there any other new games out there (incredible, but it may
> be true ;))? Or are we taking refuge in the classics, the trusty old
> games that continue to please?
>
> Me?
>
> I'm still slogging my way through Far Cry.
> Interspersed with the occasional game of Spider Solitaire, which I have
> just rediscovered (4 wins a row!)

Zax: The Alien Hunter
Final Fantasy VII
Serious Sam: The Second Encounter
Metroid (NES emulated)
Hello Kitty World (NES emulated)

stePH
--
If it cannot break the egg's shell, a chick will die without being born.
We are the chick. The world is our egg.

Chadwick wrote:
> Nothing to do with a similarly entitled previous thread. At all. So no
> flames, if you please.

Neverwinter Nights.

NaDa

Andrew wrote:

> On 2 Mar 2005 04:17:25 -0800, "Chadwick" <chadwick110@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>>Think of this thread as thermometer, measuring the temperature of the
>>gaming waters. What's hot, and what's not.
>

> The bulk of my gaming has been the SWAT 4 demo, I have played it to
> death! I love it when a demo of a game that I wasn't expecting arrives
> and gets me hooked. Been playing CS:S and UT2004 as well.

SWAT 4 demo is one of the finest demos I've played in months. It looks
brilliant, sounds very professional and makes me feel like one in the
team and captures the essence of police work better than any other game
before it.

Almost finished replaying TRON 2.0 (best...environment...ever). Go Monolith!

Over halfway done replaying Far Cry. Trying new tactics and enjoying the
"\save_game" feature these days.

Three-quarters of the way done replaying Thief: The Dark Project. Just got
Garrett's eye plucked out.

Somewhere in the middle of replaying Serious Sam: The Second Encounter. Just
a fun game (and better than the first one, IMO).

Will be playing the Painkiller: BOOH expansion and possibly Half-Life 2 by
summer. Doom III is waiting in the wings for my new X800.

- f_f

Andrew

On 2 Mar 2005 10:38:16 -0800, "Mr. Stabby" <control_z@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Worms 3D (I'd never played any worms game before, really enjoying it.)

I have only played the Worms 3D demo, but I have to say that is one
franchise that shouldn't have gone 3D, Worms Armageddon is much more
fun IMO.

shawk

Chadwick wrote:
> Nothing to do with a similarly entitled previous thread. At all. So no
> flames, if you please.
>
> Think of this thread as thermometer, measuring the temperature of the
> gaming waters. What's hot, and what's not.
>
> Let's see what the people on this NG have turned their mice to over the
> past few weeks. Are we still playing HL2? Are we playing HL2 mods
> online? Are there any other new games out there (incredible, but it may
> be true ;))? Or are we taking refuge in the classics, the trusty old
> games that continue to please?
>
> Me?
>
> I'm still slogging my way through Far Cry.
> Interspersed with the occasional game of Spider Solitaire, which I have
> just rediscovered (4 wins a row!)

CS:S - a lot (against bots only so far - finding out what all the fuss
was about - good innit?)
Replayed Riddick with commentary
Swat 4 demo several times - first I've played in the Swat series - has
convinced me to buy the game
MOH Pacific Assault - briefly - not really enjoying it but have never
not finished a game so gritting my teeth and battling on.
Darwinia demo - strangely attractive
AOE II - always a favourite for dipping into when I get fed up of
shooting things - if I did this list monthly it would always be on there
HL2 mods - Garys Mod and Substance - only briefly - GM is good for a
laugh and Substance is to HL2 what Evil Dead 2 was to the horror genre -
too OTTT to be taken seriously.
Dipped into a level or two of HL2 and D3 (have favourite levels that I
replay occasionally)

--
"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our weapon is
surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are

"Chadwick" <chadwick110@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Nothing to do with a similarly entitled previous thread. At all. So no
> flames, if you please.
>
> Think of this thread as thermometer, measuring the temperature of the
> gaming waters. What's hot, and what's not.
>
> Let's see what the people on this NG have turned their mice to over the
> past few weeks. Are we still playing HL2? Are we playing HL2 mods
> online? Are there any other new games out there (incredible, but it may
> be true ;))? Or are we taking refuge in the classics, the trusty old
> games that continue to please?
>
> Me?
>
> I'm still slogging my way through Far Cry.
> Interspersed with the occasional game of Spider Solitaire, which I have
> just rediscovered (4 wins a row!)

Just finished replaying 'Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic & Star Wars
Jedia Academy'. Nothing beats death gribbing a Storm Trooper, holding him
over a cliff, and then letting go. ;)

Now I think it's time to revisit Return to Castle Wolfenstien or Aliens vs
Predators 2. Aliens or Nazis? Tough call.

noman

wrote:

>Nothing to do with a similarly entitled previous thread. At all. So no
>flames, if you please.
>
>Think of this thread as thermometer, measuring the temperature of the
>gaming waters. What's hot, and what's not.

DOOM3 and Final Fantasy 8 (on ePSXe).
--
Noman

shawk

OldDog wrote:
> "Chadwick" <chadwick110@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>Nothing to do with a similarly entitled previous thread. At all. So no
>>flames, if you please.
>>
>>Think of this thread as thermometer, measuring the temperature of the
>>gaming waters. What's hot, and what's not.
>>
>>Let's see what the people on this NG have turned their mice to over the
>>past few weeks. Are we still playing HL2? Are we playing HL2 mods
>>online? Are there any other new games out there (incredible, but it may
>>be true ;))? Or are we taking refuge in the classics, the trusty old
>>games that continue to please?
>>
>>Me?
>>
>>I'm still slogging my way through Far Cry.
>>Interspersed with the occasional game of Spider Solitaire, which I have
>>just rediscovered (4 wins a row!)
>>

> Just finished replaying 'Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic & Star Wars
> Jedia Academy'. Nothing beats death gribbing a Storm Trooper, holding him
> over a cliff, and then letting go. ;)
>
> Now I think it's time to revisit Return to Castle Wolfenstien or Aliens vs
> Predators 2. Aliens or Nazis? Tough call.

Damn that's spooky - reloaded AVP2 back on my PC tonight. RTCW was one
of the ones I'd considered (along with COD).

--

wrote:

>Nothing to do with a similarly entitled previous thread. At all. So no
>flames, if you please.

Just conole games at the moment, not much on the PC that grabs me:

- played XBox Mercenaries ... good for one level, then got boring and
stupid
- gave up on GTA SA after beating the first area ... too annoying to
play without a "retry mission" option
- beat XBox Mech Assault 2 in about 8 hours ... fun little action
shooter but too short
- just getting into GT4 on the PS2. This game is massive, and gorgeous
(still has the same old AI flaw, but that's not stopping it from being
fun)

"Chadwick" <chadwick110@hotmail.com> wrote:
>Nothing to do with a similarly entitled previous thread. At all. So no
>flames, if you please.
>
>Think of this thread as thermometer, measuring the temperature of the
>gaming waters. What's hot, and what's not.
>
>Let's see what the people on this NG have turned their mice to over the
>past few weeks. Are we still playing HL2? Are we playing HL2 mods
>online? Are there any other new games out there (incredible, but it may
>be true ;))? Or are we taking refuge in the classics, the trusty old
>games that continue to please?
>
>Me?
>
>I'm still slogging my way through Far Cry.
>Interspersed with the occasional game of Spider Solitaire, which I have
>just rediscovered (4 wins a row!)

Morrowind, X-Com Terror From The Deep, some IF.

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 15:45:32 -0700, "Hank the Rapper"
<xflopgoon@REMOVEyahoo.com> wrote:

>Chadwick wrote:
>> Nothing to do with a similarly entitled previous thread. At all. So no
>> flames, if you please.
>
>Neverwinter Nights.

Similarly. In solo mode.
Platinum Edition - did not play the original.
Sure takes up a lot of time, if you find and play
through all the side-quests - which I always try to do
in this sort of game. However, great fun experimenting
with the various character-types and skills.

Interspersed with BF1942 multiplayer (Punkbuster
servers ). Still addictive and great fun. I think that
the many opportunities for open-space creative tactics
in most of the maps,as opposed to just "bang-bang-
you're-dead" still make this game very special.

John Lewis

John Lewis wrote:

> Similarly. In solo mode.
> Platinum Edition - did not play the original.
> Sure takes up a lot of time, if you find and play
> through all the side-quests - which I always try to do
> in this sort of game. However, great fun experimenting
> with the various character-types and skills.

I really like the packaging to the game. The box is shiney which is always a
plus. It just had the large oval disc tape rather than shrink wrap around
the box. This should be mandentory because I've always had a tough time
removing shrink wrapped games. The game has four CD-ROMs which are held in a
sturdy cardboard digipack. The manual is thick like a good RPG manual should
be. I don't know if the copy protection is acceptable. I haven't installed
the game. I don't actually play PC games. I just like to look at the boxes
and contents. I am guessing the game play is as good as the packaging.

On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 23:31:12 GMT, Joe62
<jmcginnNOSPAM@radicalREALLYNOSPAM.ca> wrote:

>On 2 Mar 2005 04:17:25 -0800, "Chadwick" <chadwick110@hotmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>>Nothing to do with a similarly entitled previous thread. At all. So no
>>flames, if you please.
>
>Just conole games at the moment, not much on the PC that grabs me:
>
>- played XBox Mercenaries ... good for one level, then got boring and
>stupid
I used to laugh every time I saw the commercial for that game. "Blow
stuff up. Blow up more stuff. Keep blowing stuff up." They made it
sound like that was the ONLY feature in the game. lol

>- gave up on GTA SA after beating the first area ... too annoying to
>play without a "retry mission" option
Can you ignore the missions and just cruise around exploring? I liked
driving around in Vice City, but found the missions a pain since the
PC version doesn't support analog controls.

>- beat XBox Mech Assault 2 in about 8 hours ... fun little action
>shooter but too short
>- just getting into GT4 on the PS2. This game is massive, and gorgeous
>(still has the same old AI flaw, but that's not stopping it from being
>fun)

I've been playing the Swat4 demo (very cool) and FarCry recently, but
just reinstalled Tribes Vengance and Rome:Total War for some variety.
Looking forward to Silent Hunter 3 in mid march. :)

Remove nospam_ to reply by email

Jeff H........

Lies, All lies. Don't believe a word Difool/sayNO says.
He fears the truth!

"Chadwick" <chadwick110@hotmail.com> once tried to test me with:

> Nothing to do with a similarly entitled previous thread. At all. So no
> flames, if you please.
>
> Think of this thread as thermometer, measuring the temperature of the
> gaming waters. What's hot, and what's not.
>
> Let's see what the people on this NG have turned their mice to over the
> past few weeks. Are we still playing HL2? Are we playing HL2 mods
> online? Are there any other new games out there (incredible, but it may
> be true ;))? Or are we taking refuge in the classics, the trusty old
> games that continue to please?

Currently Playing:

World of Warcraft
City of Heroes
Deus Ex 2
Half Life 2

> Me?
>
> I'm still slogging my way through Far Cry.
> Interspersed with the occasional game of Spider Solitaire, which I have
> just rediscovered (4 wins a row!)

--

Knight37

Enough.

If you recall, I asked for this to be a flameless thread. It's just
about seeing what people are playing at the moment. It is not an
opportunity to insult people for their choice of game.

So...

SayNO - quit attacking other people. If you must, do it somewhere else.
Everyone else - don't rise to it. You know you're wasting your breath,
so please don't let this thread become yet another running battle.

I'm not trying to be a netcop, I just thought it would be interesting
to have a thread like this, and a pleasant change if it stayed civil
and interesting to read.

Jeff Holinski <Holinski@shaw.ca> wrote:

>>- gave up on GTA SA after beating the first area ... too annoying to
>>play without a "retry mission" option
>Can you ignore the missions and just cruise around exploring?

Oh yeah, but that gets old too ... especially as the music and radio
dialog isn't as good. Fun for a while though ... the city at first is
intimidatingly huge, which is kind of neat.

Joe

<snip>
> > Now I think it's time to revisit Return to Castle Wolfenstien or Aliens
vs
> > Predators 2. Aliens or Nazis? Tough call.
> >

> Damn that's spooky - reloaded AVP2 back on my PC tonight. RTCW was one
> of the ones I'd considered (along with COD).

This is real Spooky. Cause I was playing CoD and the addon before I went
into Star Wars mode. ;)

BTW I just got one of my gaming magazines. They had a big writeup, a
pre-preview if there is such a thing, on Call of Duty 2. It could be a
block buster this Xmas.