So who here has regained their senses & returned...

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
Why doesn't he like AMD? Was he one of the peeps like ycon that boasted of netburst's "superiority" back in the day lol, like it was so long ago.
Same reason that Baron Matrix will never,ever buy Intel. Tunnel vision. :wink:

corvetteguy

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
LOL! this is amdmeltdown you are talking about!

If he ain't trollin' he ain't talkin'

Trolls. Can't live with 'em can't shoot 'em.

I'm sure theres some way to find his address so you can shoot him. :wink:

I would start with addresses under bridges since thats where trolls tend to live. They have to because they are shunned by the world.

I seriously want an answer as to why he doesn't liek AMD just to hear his reasoning. :wink:

endyen

Splendid
Please be nice to meltie. He may be the worst troll to ever hit THGC, but he is also the most fun.
If you coax him, he may come up with some "meltie facts".
We learned a long time ago not to take him seriously. We have also had some success getting through to the odd troll.

endyen

Splendid
Ok, as long as it is benign and it does not degrade down a path into spreading FUD and what not.
You misunderstand. Everything meltie says is FUD. So long as we laugh at it, no reader would take it seriously.
We have had some good times laughing about meltie's posts.
It's sort of like having a pet that you just cant housebreak. You hate it, but you cant let it go.

ElMoIsEviL

Distinguished
Why doesn't he like AMD? Was he one of the peeps like ycon that boasted of netburst's "superiority" back in the day lol, like it was so long ago.
Yep, I was there...

I remember reading many postings about Netburt being so superior and these users overclocking there Prescotts above 4Ghz and then claiming they outperformed AMD Athlon64 X2's... boy do I ever remember that.

I wasn't a member back then... I just kept to the shadows.

ElMoIsEviL

Distinguished
Ok, as long as it is benign and it does not degrade down a path into spreading FUD and what not.
You misunderstand. Everything meltie says is FUD. So long as we laugh at it, no reader would take it seriously.
We have had some good times laughing about meltie's posts.
It's sort of like having a pet that you just cant housebreak. You hate it, but you cant let it go.

that's how most of us felt about 9inch... sad that he's gone now.

OldGoat

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2006
to Intel?

any former mongrels, born again Intel users? :lol:
Why OH Why.... At what point in someones life do they decide to walk this path. Is it bordom, or the small sence of gratification that they are right in there support of only one company as being the best.....

I personally don't care who is at the top of the mountain. As long as they keep making improvements to technology.

Is that even possible? Or did they use a M80 for this? The Toms hardware vid of them burning CPU's only shows them smoking and then, dying. I didn't think they could blow up like that. 8O

NMDante

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2002
Did that thing blow through the table, too? It look like there was a hole in the socket area.

Anyway, it was pretty cool. My only question is: WHY?

:lol:

HoldenMcGroin

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2006
intel_inside.jpg

Intel Inside

And I have a Centrino at home and P4 at work....

exit2dos

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2006
Is that how AMD is making multicore chips?

Looks like they'll have to hire a janitor. Do you happen to know one with computer experience and that likes AMD? :wink:

Multiplectic

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2006
:lol: :lol:

It's so obvious that CPU-Z capture is photoshopped... (3.8 GHz Duron???)

And the explosion?
The hole beneath? What do you think it was for? (hint- hint) :wink:

gr8mikey

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2002
No its not possible. It was a hoax. The CPU-Z shows a Vcore of 4.2V I never ever saw a board that would allow you to bump vcore that high let alone even post at that setting. Besides, you will note from the tomshardware video that as soon as the fan is removed the cpu die immediately goes up in smoke. Even after the one in the video "blew" the die itself did not show what one would expect if one removed the heatsink even at stock settings (die still looked good). The monitor was most likely powered by another computer under the table.

And as far as the cpu ending up in multiple pieces, that is ludicrous. They probably took a hammer and chisel to do that.

Hats off to these guys though on making it look somewhat convincing.

Mephistopheles

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003
Can I come trolling with you? :D
... what tests do I have to pass?

Aaah, but unfortunately, noone can simply be a troll. It's one of those matrix-y things.

You'll only qualify when you:

1) Can't speak anything that makes sense, even if you try
2) Plus, you aren't aware enough of the difference to try
3) Haven't got laid in the past 10 years.
4) Aren't aware of numbers 1-3. Actually, come to think of it, you shouldn't be aware of anything.

Only then can you follow the path of the troll-enlightened.

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005
Same reason that Baron Matrix will never,ever buy Intel. Tunnel vision. :wink:

No, you don't know me. I can buy the CPU I want, regardless of your thoughts of my "fanboi" status. Mercedes is great but some people only want BMW. What's the difference?

Your fanboi mentality.