[SOLVED] So will putting a small power GPU improve my PC performance

May 1, 2019
PC is almost 11 years old.
I am trying to play some basic games that can work, after searching through YouTube , I am trying to play some games that does't require GPU, since my current PC is just running on integrated GPU.
For now I wish to play just Prototype, Saints Row The Third, BioShock kinda of games.
But still even these games are lagging a lot, and they are almost not playable.
My current build is intel Dual-core E5200, 4GB DDR2, has a 120 GB SSD (just got this), running Windows 10
So anyway I plan to buy a new budget Gaming PC later, I am starting to save up for that.
But can I just put in a basic GPU like like the ASUS GeForce GT 710 2GB VGA one, since my monitor is VGA, like for now, to get me play while I save up.
And around the builds, I plan to get Ryzen 7 1700, along with a CROSAIR/HyperX 8Gb RAM, combined with 1080Ti 4Gb, will this is able to handle games like Witcher 3, Days Gone and the like, I am fond of games like these, so want to make sure, I get the PC build right too.

Solution
You could do that, but you would be better off with something like a GT 1030 or Radeon R7 240. Either of those will be much faster than the E5200 graphics and while more expensive than a GT 710 are going to be based on newer technology.
You could do that, but you would be better off with something like a GT 1030 or Radeon R7 240. Either of those will be much faster than the E5200 graphics and while more expensive than a GT 710 are going to be based on newer technology.

Solution
May 1, 2019
Thanks for the answer, as I could see Radeon R7 240 seems to have a VGA support, I can go with that. This is available.