charlieshapiro3

Prominent
Jan 26, 2018
So I was trying to fill my new hardline watercooled pc but first i cleaned my fill bottle with some dish soap and then rinsed it a bunch of times. But I was being stupid and I guess there was still some soap left in the bottle so when i filled it with water and then filled my pc with it, the pump created foam with the dish soap and now there is foam everywhere in my pc. Any ideas on how to get rid of it??

Dec 10, 2019
Ugh.

That's the thing with new high-density dish soap. Even one drop of the stuff can clean a whole sink full of dishes but it takes like 3,000 times the volume of water to get it "all out" of any semi-closed surface like a glass.

Compounding your problem, the water heated up and expanded, making the soap "dissolve" more thoroughly in the heated liquid.

You're not going to like hearing this, but the best way to get this out of your system is going to be about 3 atmospheres of pressure blowing through your entire radiator once you go through the trouble of disconnecting everything. Such a water pump isn't readily available on eBay either. Best bet is a local college with a Mechanical Engineering program that offers a course in Hydraulics. We had stuff like that it our labs.

Make sure you stay clear of 150 psi. That will actually deform your radiator.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
I suggest the solution (sorry, pun not intended) is multiple flushes. I'm a Chemist, and there's a common practice in Chem Labs when one is cleaning apparatus. This applies to how to rinse off whatever was in / on the apparatus, especially after washing it with some cleaning additive. Empty the system as well as you can, then refill with fresh clean water. Run the system for a while to rinse all that fesh water through it, then shut down. Repeat the drain / fresh water fill / circulate / drain process seven times. In almost all cases this will remove everything and leave you with a clean system you can fill with real fresh water (or coolant mixture if you're using additives). If you're really keen, do it a couple more times than seven, but usually not necessary. I do not suggest high pressure anything for this - you could damage your equipment.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
I suggest the solution (sorry, pun not intended) is multiple flushes. I'm a Chemist, and there's a common practice in Chem Labs when one is cleaning apparatus. This applies to how to rinse off whatever was in / on the apparatus, especially after washing it with some cleaning additive. Empty the system as well as you can, then refill with fresh clean water. Run the system for a while to rinse all that fesh water through it, then shut down. Repeat the drain / fresh water fill / circulate / drain process seven times. In almost all cases this will remove everything and leave you with a clean system you can fill with real fresh water (or coolant mixture if you're using additives). If you're really keen, do it a couple more times than seven, but usually not necessary. I do not suggest high pressure anything for this - you could damage your equipment.

I agree with this, wholly. Otherwise, disassemble and rebuild the loop after flushing blocks, radiators, etc.