Socket 939 - Needs matched memory sticks?

Barry

I can't seem to find a definitive statement on this anywhere. Do the 939
socket systems with two memory sticks need closely matched memory sticks
as with the 800FSB P-4 systems, or are the AMD-64 processors more
tolerant of mismatched memory?

Dee

Barry wrote:
> I can't seem to find a definitive statement on this anywhere. Do the 939
> socket systems with two memory sticks need closely matched memory sticks
> as with the 800FSB P-4 systems, or are the AMD-64 processors more
> tolerant of mismatched memory?
They should be closely matched. If you check the AMD site and the MB
sites, you will find information about "certified memory" modules. And
the 1st thing the Tech Support will ask if you have problems is "what
brand of memory are you using?" If it's not one of the certified ones,
they will tell you to change your memory before they will go any
further. I know this from experience.