Question SODIMM not working with Ryzen 5 Asus Vivobook X505ZA

Oct 30, 2019
Hi. So I bought a 4gb stick of Kingston ddr4 laptop ram. I inserted it properly (Ive probably opened this laptop up about 10 times now in the past day) and I have determined that when the ram is in my pc goes into an automatic repair loop. when it is out everything fixes itself. I have updated my BIOS to try fix this which didn't work. The Bios recognises the extra memory and tells me I now have 8 gigs but it never boots successfully and at times the bios freezes. None of these issues persist with the extra ram taken out.

I have checked on the Kingston website and the ram I bought should be compatible with the laptop. Any possible solutions to this or alternatively. How do I know if its a faulty ram slot or a faulty ram stick so I know which one to return.

Giannis_Mag

Reputable
May 24, 2017
You shouldnt open Branded laptops yourself, it voids the warranty. Also, keep in mind that the ram stick should be intedical to work properly. Generaly it would work with different sticks but it seems like you indeed have a faulty ram. I am not sure what exactly the problem is but you should fix it on a asus service center