Question softraid predicting NEW SSD failure !

Jul 22, 2022
Hello good people...I just bought a refurb PC Desktop 9Win10) off Amazon, seemed like a great deal, I have 6 external hard drives that I swap between an iMac & this PC so I downloaded Softraid after a 5-day trial of MacDrive ran out. I just cloned the 256gb ssd that shipped in PC to a brand new San Disc 1 TB drive. Installation couldn't have been easier. It's day two, barely time to even use the PC yet, I boot up and I get an error that the new SSD is predicted to fail. It has about 50 GB of data ...if that. Has anyone else seen this ? Thanks very much. - MH

USAFRet

Titan
Hello good people...I just bought a refurb PC Desktop 9Win10) off Amazon, seemed like a great deal, I have 6 external hard drives that I swap between an iMac & this PC so I downloaded Softraid after a 5-day trial of MacDrive ran out. I just cloned the 256gb ssd that shipped in PC to a brand new San Disc 1 TB drive. Installation couldn't have been easier. It's day two, barely time to even use the PC yet, I boot up and I get an error that the new SSD is predicted to fail. It has about 50 GB of data ...if that. Has anyone else seen this ? Thanks very much. - MH
  1. Why the 'softraid'?
  2. Have you personally done a full wipe and reinstall of the OS (and everything else)?