Software for a new pc

honch

Honorable
Jan 23, 2014
I was wondering what are great programs to protect my new Diy computer. I havent finished my build just yet. I just decided to add a ssd(as boot drive) to it, GF also wanted a external for our movies/misc, and the e-cart is just happily waiting to add new options for my Pc, granted 'needed' items, while budget isnt a problem I'm not looking to dish out unnecessary cash. basically - if the free software is hands down better, no reason to buy the $40+ version.

Protection is the main focus for this order. Would be terribly sad to lose performance so early.
thanks.
-----------------
I will take your own opinions on what to add for various other misc. software to start off a computer.

Solution
avast antivirus (free).malwarebytes (free).enable the windows firewall.i use comodo dragon for my browser.its chrome based but much more secure.couple this with regular housekeeping and you are set. the windows defragger is a good one as is its disk cleanup tool.
avast antivirus (free).malwarebytes (free).enable the windows firewall.i use comodo dragon for my browser.its chrome based but much more secure.couple this with regular housekeeping and you are set. the windows defragger is a good one as is its disk cleanup tool.

Solution