[SOLVED] Software for copying DVDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

mallomar

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2013
I want to copy some DVDs (not commercial ones -- home-burned ones). I tried Imgburn, but the process seemed really convoluted, and I just couldn't make it work. I'm certain that the fault is mine -- I need a program that's simple to use. Imgburn is fine for creating new DVDs, it's just the copying procedure that was too complicated for me.

Can anyone recommend a free of cheap program that will work? I'm using Windows 10.

TIA.

Solution
Copy as in just burn another DVD or copy to a computer for storage? Do you have one or two DVD drives? "copy" and "make a new DVD" is the same thing, you use the Imgburn software to make an image of the DVD you are copying and then use it again to burn that image onto a new disk. So you "copied" the DVD you had to a "new DVD". If you have two DVD drives you can use the CDBurnerXP program to copy the disk to another disk directly https://cdburnerxp.se/en/home
Copy as in just burn another DVD or copy to a computer for storage? Do you have one or two DVD drives? "copy" and "make a new DVD" is the same thing, you use the Imgburn software to make an image of the DVD you are copying and then use it again to burn that image onto a new disk. So you "copied" the DVD you had to a "new DVD". If you have two DVD drives you can use the CDBurnerXP program to copy the disk to another disk directly https://cdburnerxp.se/en/home

Solution
Sep 14, 2020
Hello,
If you are looking for the software that copy DVDs then there is much free software like Burn aware, Winx, wonderfox, etc. you can choose any of them but make sure that the originality of file must be maintained.

xenthia

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2012
If you are ok with using Linux, I would recommend giving gddrescue on Debian a try. Debian has a live edition that you can try without having to install and also you can try it on a usb stick or a dvd drive to make things easier to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.