Question Software installations hit 0 bytes and freeze windows.

Dec 4, 2019
Hello, I've been having this issue a few window 10 updates back. I believe it may be the window 10's update but I can't be too sure.

The issue i'm having is, every time I try to install a game within its launcher, the download will halt and the memory that it is downloading at will plummet slowly to 0 bytes. After that, it will stay frozen like that and it seems that windows itself crashes. I cannot access task manager, even the taskbar freezes, and attempting to close the game launcher does not work. However, other programs like my internet browser will continue to work just fine. Shutting down the PC does not work either since once the PC 'shuts down' it lingers in a hibernated state as if the game launcher is still running. The only way to stop it completely is to hard shut down, which I know is unhealthy for it.

I really do not know what to do to fix this, and some help would be greatly appreciated.
Any questions needed as to rig or anything such as that will be replied to.

Lutfij

Titan
Although this thread was posted in the PC Gaming section, I've moved it to the System's section.

To note, can you please pass on your full system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Include the version of your OS.

Have you made sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard and the latest drivers for your networking adapter? Can you define what you mean by "Windows itself crashes"?

Lastly, can you state where you source the games from?