Question Software: Multiple Streams to different Displays

AJAshinoff

Reputable
Feb 18, 2019
We have a need to grab video footage from multiple cameras and present those streams in different configurations to different monitors attached to the same computer. Presently we're using multiple browser instances, each running the needed stream at that location. It works, but I'm thinking there may be a better less problematic way to do this. Problematic because any time there is an update or the host system (Win10 Pro, Ryzen) is rebooted all the configuration has to be done manually to get it back to where it was.

I'm thinking, and this needs some brainstorming, that this should be do-able coding with HTML. Optimally, I'd prefer to put this system in Win10 system into Kiosk mode, which relies on MS Edge. Consequentially, Edge requires an HTML link for it's Kiosk.

Does anyone know of a way to call two instances of edge and target each to a different attached monitor using different streaming content? I wasn't able to find flags for this in Edge, but this isn't directly my wheelhouse.

If there is a better solution I'm open to hear it. I'm not adverse to a third party software which runs on Win10 and accomplished exactly what we need.

I'm hoping with all the experience here that someone mayhave come across this need and save me/us hours coming to a conclusion. Any help is appreciated.