Question Software per ricollegare il PC ad internet [Software to reconnect the PC to the internet] ?

May 12, 2021
Buongiorno a tutti ho un problema, causa COVID-19 lavoro da casa in remoto con il PC dell'ufficio, quest'ultimo però ogni tanto si scollega dalla rete internet e sono costretto ad andare in ufficio e riattivarla.
La mia domanda è: esiste un qualcosa (software, tipo ecc) che in automatico ricollega il PC ad internet senza dover andare fisicamente a riavviare il modem e / o il PC?
grazie a tutti per la disponibilità e buona giornata

Edited for translation:

Hello everyone I have a problem, due to COVID-19 I work from home remotely with the office PC, however, the latter occasionally disconnects from the internet and I am forced to go to the office and reactivate it. My question is: is there something (software, type etc.) that automatically reconnects the PC to the internet without having to physically restart the modem and / or the PC? thank you all for your availability and good day.

A lot of things can cause this and the solution is going to depend on what is failing.

Can you tell if the modem/router is having a issue or if it is only the PC. Does the modem or router show that the internet connection itself is going down.

Your first test would be to ping the IP of the router from your house. You might have to make changes to the work router to allow this since it is disabled by default on many routers. This would show you if the internet was going down or if it is some issue with the PC at the office.

In general most equipment will automatically reconnect if you lose the internet connection. If it is the internet connection itself then they ISP must fix this.

The issue with using any software solution depends on what is breaking. If for example the modem/router is getting hung and you must power cycle it is very different than if you were to log into the router and tell it to restart. This is the same with the pc. If the pc is getting messed up and you are running the program to "fix" the internet on the same pc that program may also be affected.

In general you have to know all the steps in detail that you take to fix this. If for example you log into the router and type in some command that you could get a program to do. It is going to be much harder if you are going in and turning the power off and on. They make devices that can do that but you then get into the problem of how do you automate it when you have no access. It gets complex very fast. It is much simpler if for example the internet is actually up but you need to reboot just the pc. In that case you could remotely access the power device and tell it to turn off and on the pc.

May 12, 2021
the problem is not when I work on the PC remotely but precisely when I do not work there for a few hours like morning work I leave the PC on remotely connected and go to lunch, after 2 hours I come back and find the PC no longer connected remotely because the office pc has lost the connection, so I have to go to the office to reactivate the connection manually because I can't remotely
Bye and thanks anyway for the detailed explanation you sent me