Question Software/Platform for Online Business Meetings (User-friendly)

Sep 1, 2019
Hi,

i am trying to find an online meeting platform/software for the small company i work for.

We are looking for something trustworthy and safe to use with clients and user friendly (i totally mean idiot proof!!!) that works across different devices without problems (Windows/Mac/Android if possible).

We use Webex and Skype for business, but we get problems too many times...(sometimes they don't work with Macs, no audio, errors, too many steps to do to before accessing the sessions, etc...).

It would be perfect to have something that do not require to install anything (from the user side)...just send the link (by email or whatever), click on it and you are in (audio/camera button easy to find/etc...)

It is also super important that the software looks professional and not like something a "instagram model" would use :rolleyes: (sorry, not my words).

Ralston18

Titan
Budget?

Here is a product list that should be helpful.

https://www.owllabs.com/blog/best-meeting-apps

However, there are always trade-off's involved.

BlueJeans, for example, works from a browser but may be too expensive.

You may end up using multiple meeting apps: maybe one for within your company where you can standardize on one meeting app or another.

Then have another meeting app for the more common problem situations that work for customers and Mac users.

I am going add a few extra thoughts:

What does make a difference is to carefully and clearly document what needs to be done to conduct an online meeting.

Hardware requirements, step-by-step connection requirements, how the app is used during an online meeting. Some troubleshooting guidance and procedures. Basic details with a POC within your company (maybe you) if problems occur.

Likely second nature to some who regularly conduct online meetings but there are others to whom the process is not a day-to-day occurrence. And meetings are jeopardized because not everyone is able to connect in for one reason or another.

Keep the documentation up-to-date and readily available to be emailed, faxed, etc. to meeting attendees. The ultimate test is to give the documentation to a couple of "new" users and see if they can set up and conduct an online meeting. Listen to their feedback.

Try a couple of test conferences to get the attendees comfortable with the process beforehand. You do not want to start any meeting (much less an important meeting) with frustrated attendees.

It is the carpenter that matters - not the tool.