Software Policy

Paul

Splendid

Is there a variable or something like that I can use in
the unc when assigning or publishing software so that if I
put my msi package in the sysvol folder the client will go
to the closest DC

Paul-
I don't think that will work but its probably not the best solution anyway.
A standard approach for this is to use a domain DFS root, which gives you
site affinity and also can provide replication of your package data between
replicas if needed.

Darren Mar-Elia
http://www.gpoguy.com