Software rendering mode linux mint

MEL1315

Honorable
Mar 30, 2015
Hi guys, i recently clean installed my old windows 7 notebook (acer aspire one d270) with linux mint (cinnamon). In win 7 i was having troubles like beep sound before booting and several keyboards being insensitive. I thought maybe linux could help and made a clean installation. Now in linux, my earlier problems arent solved and moreover,i get "running in software rendering mode" message. I can't properly use it now. Why is this happening? Please help me..
Please note that I'm entirely new to linux and all i know about it is that I've got it installed on my pc:)

Dave8671

Distinguished
Hi

The beep code could be error codes for a hardware issue like bad ram etc. If you can get it checked out by a PC repair shop, cause if it beeps something is wrong with the hardware and installing another OS will not fix that. What do you mean " several keyboards being insensitive?"

MEL1315

Honorable
Mar 30, 2015
Most times many keys are not working. These are not any particular ones, the issue change at times to different keys. And sometimes a particular key acts as if being pressed by me -I'll have to tap it several times to stop it. And at certain times there are no issues at all.