Question Software required for productivity while watching youtube and using browser?

Dec 19, 2021
Reason-:I am student and keep getting distracted.

platform-: windows

Here is an use case scenario-:

An user opens youtube.com. Then searches "xyz" and starts watching a video about xyz. Now the user can't use his mouse. Preferably, I'd want that the user can't use his keyboard except 3 keys. The 3 keys are space, left and right. Once the video finishes, then automatically the cursor and keyboard gets unlocked again.
The next software that I am wanting is a website time tracker extension/software for browser that is non-overwritable once you write them. eg-: you write i'll use facebook for only 23 hrs per day. Then you can't update that to 24hrs(at least not in a week or so).

MrLitschel

Commendable
Nov 7, 2021
Reason-:I am student and keep getting distracted.

platform-: windows

Here is an use case scenario-:

An user opens youtube.com. Then searches "xyz" and starts watching a video about xyz. Now the user can't use his mouse. Preferably, I'd want that the user can't use his keyboard except 3 keys. The 3 keys are space, left and right. Once the video finishes, then automatically the cursor and keyboard gets unlocked again.
The next software that I am wanting is a website time tracker extension/software for browser that is non-overwritable once you write them. eg-: you write i'll use facebook for only 23 hrs per day. Then you can't update that to 24hrs(at least not in a week or so).

The first part of your question for locking the cursor and keyboard is not do-able as far as I know, however, there are a multitude of net-nanny software with various features. NiceKit's Time Boss may have what your looking for with regards to blocking social services for a set period of time.

https://nicekit.com/index.htm

DSzymborski

Titan
i mean it's not sth impossible to do. so it'd be great if someone had made it before.

You're missing the point entirely. Being able to prioritize your time, to freely choose between wants and needs to productive ends, is a basic part of growing up.

My sister and her husband are currently having potty-training issues with their three-year-old. They would be doing their child a disservice if instead of dealing with the core of the issue, they simply kept buying him larger and larger diapers.

I'm not a doctor, but "do no harm" is a pretty good credo. I won't assist someone in doing harm to themselves or others.