Question Software run slow.

shellfishman

Prominent
May 24, 2018
Hi, I don't know if this is the place to ask my question. Sorry in advance.

I need to speed up this software Terra Vista from Presagis on my system ( Windows 10, i7-6700 3.4ghz with 16bg Ram ). Its runs very slowly and sometimes it will hang there for hours without knowing if there is any progression ... I don't know if its a system problem or the software problem. Is there a way to set up/ troubleshoot this problem? Is there a way to utilize more processing power on this software as it seems to only use 1 core and not to the fullest when I set it up for processing.

Reactions: Johan Smit

shellfishman

Prominent
May 24, 2018
Thanks guys. Another thing I noticed is that only 1 CPU seen to increase its utilization only where there is 8 display under the Task manager, performance tab. Is this normal? special when I'm only running that software only... i think.

shellfishman

Prominent
May 24, 2018
I am a bit surprised that software like this isn't optimized for multiple cores. As has been suggested, setting priority for this program would be the best place to start.
Thanks. Just wanted to see what are the possible options available to help speed up the software or troubleshoot the cause of the slow speed.

I think you need to check your manual - seems this software can take advantage of distributed processing and multiple build nodes. Maybe it's just a matter of setting those in your config. Also if you can locate their recommended and minimum config - imagine some of the processing is dependent on your graphics setup/capabilities and storage - you didn't mention either?

Thanks. Just wanted to see what are the possible options available to help speed up the software or troubleshoot the cause of the slow speed.

shellfishman

Prominent
May 24, 2018
I think you need to check your manual - seems this software can take advantage of distributed processing and multiple build nodes. Maybe it's just a matter of setting those in your config. Also if you can locate their recommended and minimum config - imagine some of the processing is dependent on your graphics setup/capabilities and storage - you didn't mention either?

I really need to check again. But as I look through the software performance setup, there really isn't much setting to play with. I only for 1 option to enable GPU optimization, but that is only for material classification use. Nothing on the software performance in general setup.

I do apologize if I miss out some info.