Question Software to create “Raid 1”

Jan 14, 2019
Please forgive me as I’am a novice with a topic like this. What I am wondering is if there is any kind of software that will let me copy/cut files from a camera card and then paste them to two external drives at the same time? I don’t want to write to one external drive and then have to “clone” that drive. I want to avoid the time and steps to do that. I trying to achieve a quick way to end up with two identical external drives. Any thoughts and suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thank you

Jan 14, 2019
I was hoping to have it done at the same time so I could fly home with one drive and an assistant could fly home with the other. I’m open to any suggestions. If the second copy was created later automatically how do you suggest that be done?

Do you need the file to be copied to both drives right away? Or is it OK if the file is copied to the 2nd drive later, as long as it happens automatically?

USAFRet

Titan
With the 2 external drives connected at the same time, starting the second copy only takes a few extra seconds.

Select all the relevant files.
Right click, COPY.
Navigate to the first external drive, PASTE.
Navigate to the second external drive, PASTE again.

Copying to both at the same time, and starting the second transfer takes almsot no added time.

And never Cut/Paste, or Move. Always Copy/Paste.

Reactions: TJ Hooker
Jan 14, 2019
Thank you for the suggestion.

With the 2 external drives connected at the same time, starting the second copy only takes a few extra seconds.

Select all the relevant files.
Right click, COPY.
Navigate to the first external drive, PASTE.
Navigate to the second external drive, PASTE again.

Copying to both at the same time, and starting the second transfer takes almsot no added time.

And never Cut/Paste, or Move. Always Copy/Paste.