software to retouch video frame by frame?

peter

In one of the old movie I'm converting to DVD, there are many defects like
burned spot, dust, scratches, & discolored area on many frames throughout.
Is there a software that would fix them semi-automatically? I don't think I
have the patience to go through the movie frame by frame with photoshop.

How does hollywood do it when they restore an old movie?

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

"peter" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> In one of the old movie I'm converting to DVD, there are many defects like
> burned spot, dust, scratches, & discolored area on many frames throughout.
> Is there a software that would fix them semi-automatically? I don't think
> have the patience to go through the movie frame by frame with photoshop.
>
> How does hollywood do it when they restore an old movie?

Frame-by-frame. People get paid a lot to do this.

"Tony" <tony23@dslextreme.com> wrote in message
> "peter" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
get paid a lot to do this.

If $20/hr is a lot.