[SOLVED] Softwares and Games taking too long to load

waleedfsd

Commendable
Feb 23, 2018
So I have a 500 Gb HDD but it only has 16 MB cache and all of my softwares and games and even the OS takes forever to Load... and I am running Alot of Background Softwares on Windows 10 64 bit, like Steam, Discord, Uplay, epic games Launcher Logitech Gaming Software, FDM and Nvidia Experience... These are my Specs

Core i7 3770
8GB DRR3 1600 Mhz RAM
Gtx 1060 3GB G1 Gaming Edition

Solution
The bigger cache will have a slight increase in responsiveness but not much, adding more ram would help more though, and then get the SSD once prices start dropping as was stated in an article here on Toms would happen over the next few months or next year. Once I upgraded to an SSD I saw amazing speed increases and that's just from a SATA III SSD. I would start with moving to at least 16GB of ram and then looking at SSD's to find the sweet spot for you, 500GB is a good minimum to start at. I would also take a look at this SSD article from Toms https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-ssds,3891.html . SSD software usually includes what you need for cloning your old drive onto the SSD which is helpful so you don't have to reinstall...

beoza

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
First try turning off all those apps running in the background except for the Logitech gaming software (I'm assuming its for mouse and or keyboard), and the Nvidia experience (well this one can be turned off it doesn't affect the drivers). You can disable them in Task manager just go to the startup tab. I would also suggest if your HDD is a mechanical drive to defrag it, also what is the speed of the drive that can cause some slow downs, only way to really get more performance is to upgrade to a SATAS SSD or M2 SSD and those can get expensive depending on capacity and your country.

Others might have more solutions to add than what I gave, but it's a good place to start.

waleedfsd

Commendable
Feb 23, 2018
The HDD i have rn is a 7.2 Rpm SATA with 16 MB cache... Now i cant get a SSD or more RAM for now but I was thinking If I were to Exchange my Current SATA for a 1TB SATA with 64 MB Cache then would it at least make the things A LITTLE bareable?

Also I did Defrag it and tried closiing as many softwares as i could.... it doesnt make any Difference...

Nov 7, 2018
If it was running fine before and just recently started acting up, I would check any new programs you have installed, check for a bad HDD with something like HDDScan (Bad HDD will slow things down badly), You might also run a malware scan like Malwarebytes.

beoza

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
The bigger cache will have a slight increase in responsiveness but not much, adding more ram would help more though, and then get the SSD once prices start dropping as was stated in an article here on Toms would happen over the next few months or next year. Once I upgraded to an SSD I saw amazing speed increases and that's just from a SATA III SSD. I would start with moving to at least 16GB of ram and then looking at SSD's to find the sweet spot for you, 500GB is a good minimum to start at. I would also take a look at this SSD article from Toms https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-ssds,3891.html . SSD software usually includes what you need for cloning your old drive onto the SSD which is helpful so you don't have to reinstall everything which can be a pain.

Solution

waleedfsd

Commendable
Feb 23, 2018

No You see it always Ran like that, and I did a Crystal Disk test and the speed is fine... Like over a 100 Read and Write speed but The softwares take long to load, and I know I need to buy an SSD i have been told that a hundred thousand times BUT I cant do that now... for now I need a quick and cheap solution so I can at least decrease these loading speeds to a Bearable Amount (and yes I tried Defragging the HDD).... So I am getting this 1 TB HDD with 64 MB cache (Compared to my 16 Mb Cache) for cheap... Will at least improve my Loading times a Little?

TRENDING THREADS