[SOLVED] Softwares to install on a newly built pc system?

Reiv_4

Reputable
Aug 23, 2019
To start off with, sorry if i have put this in the wrong forum category i don’t know which one to put it in...

Anyways i will be building my first ever pc and im just wondering what apps/software do i install on a newly built system for benchmarking and checking for cpu/gpu temps and any other apps yous recommend for a newly built system. I’ve heard about cinebench and hw monitor but is there anything else i could potentially get for that kind of stuff? Thanks in advance!

Solution
CPU-Z, GPU-Z to check the specs on your installed hardware (not necessary, but good to see)
HardwareMonitor, CoreTemp, SpeedFan, etc for general temperature monitoring.
MSI Afterburner / EVGA Precision for monitoring and adjusting/overclocking GPUs.
CrystalDisk Info if you want to test out your SSD speeds.

I always like to throw Cinebench at a system to see how the CPU compares. Maybe 3D Mark Firestrike or TimeSpy to see how the GPU stacks up to the competition.

After that, just whatever programs you wanted to run in the first place.

Aside from the temperature monitoring and some quick benches to determine if everything is working, most of this is unnecessary to keep long term. Though always good to check temperatures every once in a...

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
CPU-Z, GPU-Z to check the specs on your installed hardware (not necessary, but good to see)
MSI Afterburner / EVGA Precision for monitoring and adjusting/overclocking GPUs.

I always like to throw Cinebench at a system to see how the CPU compares. Maybe 3D Mark Firestrike or TimeSpy to see how the GPU stacks up to the competition.

Aside from the temperature monitoring and some quick benches to determine if everything is working, most of this is unnecessary to keep long term. Though always good to check temperatures every once in a while.

Reactions: Reiv_4
Solution

Reiv_4

Reputable
Aug 23, 2019

Aside from the temperature monitoring and some quick benches to determine if everything is working, most of this is unnecessary to keep long term. Though always good to check temperatures every once in a while.
So im kinda new to some of these softwares but which one allows me to check the cpu and gpu temps while ingame? When i see youtube vids of benchmarks they have like a list of temps and such on the top left of their screen how do i get that?