Solaris Heirarchal Latency Groups for NUMA

Archived from groups: comp.arch,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips (More info?)

Sun has prepared some very tunable parameters to take minute advantage
of AMD Opterons' low-latency NUMA implementation. Looks like Solaris is
designed heavily around taking advantage of Opteron.

"Solaris Hierarchical Latency Groups on Opteron"
http://www.aceshardware.com/read_news.jsp?id=80000581

Yousuf Khan

Archived from groups: comp.arch,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips (More info?)

In article <1109784591.114314.154210@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>,
YKhan <yjkhan@gmail.com> wrote:

>Sun has prepared some very tunable parameters to take minute advantage
>of AMD Opterons' low-latency NUMA implementation. Looks like Solaris is
>designed heavily around taking advantage of Opteron.

Looks much like what other OSes do with NUMA systems. Looks like you
got misled by a press release.

-- greg

Greg Lindahl wrote:
> Looks much like what other OSes do with NUMA systems. Looks like you
> got misled by a press release.

Might be similar to what others are doing in their OSes too, but it
wasn't a press release, it was an actual writeup. However, it looks
like it's offline right now.

Yousuf Khan

Archived from groups: comp.arch,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips (More info?)

In article <1109792822.711052.72820@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
YKhan <yjkhan@gmail.com> wrote:

>Might be similar to what others are doing in their OSes too, but it
>wasn't a press release, it was an actual writeup.

We can disagree about that one -- many "technical writeups" on the web
are actually rehashed press releases.

> However, it looks
> like it's offline right now.

The article # got incremented by one.