Solavei Becomes First U.S. Carrier to Sell the BlackBerry Z10

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanoobie

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2006
[citation][nom]Avus[/nom]I like souvlaki on a bun...[/citation]
I could go for some chicken souvlaki after reading the title.

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
[citation][nom]chicofehr[/nom]$999? You can buy an unlocked Z10 on ebay for less then that since the start of this month.[/citation]
There is a risk that if you get it on ebay that you would be purchasing a cheap, android based, Chinese knockoff...

acktionhank

Honorable
Jan 2, 2013
[citation][nom]jacobdrj[/nom]There is a risk that if you get it on ebay that you would be purchasing a cheap, android based, Chinese knockoff...[/citation]

So my only risk is getting a better phone?

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
[citation][nom]jacobdrj[/nom]There is a risk that if you get it on ebay that you would be purchasing a cheap, android based, Chinese knockoff...[/citation]

and since ebay always sides with the buyer you dispute it, show proof you destroyed the item or send it back if they provide return shipping and get your money back

ven1ger

Honorable
Jul 25, 2012
$999...sort of flabbergasted at the cost. If this is what Blackberry is trying to come back with, I doubt this will woo even diehards. This is stupid, Blackberry needs to woo back its faithful, and entice newcomers into the fold. Only the truly rich idiots will pay this, and what worst, is that if they are on a no contract plan, is because they are looking for inexpensive deals, and at $999 for a phone this is no deal.

ven1ger

Honorable
Jul 25, 2012
@jabliese

I think Blackberry does have a hand in this, if they are offering it to Solavei before making it available for everyone else, they must have worked out some kind of deal together, and is usually the case, pricing would be a factor. This is going to set the price level for almost a full month before release, and a lot of people that may have been interested in it will be turned away at the $999 price level and just look elsewhere, especially when you get good proven phones for cheaper elsewhere.

garrick

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2007
Solavei sounds good on paper but if you try to search neutral reviews about them you're flooded with blog posts from midlevel marketers who're using adwords to get their website to the top of the search engines.
Their CEO ruined the previous company he was in so overall they don't seem like a company that will be profitable for very long.

Status
Not open for further replies.