[SOLD] Corsair HX1050 Modular 80+ Gold Power Supply ~$80

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrgray93

Honorable
Aug 4, 2012
Selling an HX1050 power supply.

This power supply was purchased two years ago, almost to the day. I'd say it has been in use for an average of three hours a day, with about two of those hours being at my system's full load, or roughly 350-400 watts. Considering this is a 1050 watt power supply, I'd call that light use. It was originally intended for an SLI rig but I never purchased the second card, so it was seriously underutilized.

XW6i4wg.jpg

HD5rXex.jpg

1H5v1Dg.jpg

There are a few things to consider with this supply. For starters, one of the three included SATA power cables is missing. I accidentally broke the plastic molding on it and deemed it unsafe, so it was thrown away. You'll have a maximum of 8 SATA power outputs. I imagine this isn't a problem for most people, and Corsair sells replacement cables for $8. There is no physical damage to the supply or any included cables.

Secondly, this supply has a zero-RPM fan mode at idle, but is listed as having a fan curve that kicks in around 20-30% and ramps up as load increases. It always seemed to me like it was on full once it turned on. The stock fan was exceptionally loud, so I replaced it. This voided the manufacturer warranty. The stock fan is rated for 113 or so CFM and 43.3 dB(A). The fan I replaced it with is about 73 CFM and 18 dB(A). The new fan is very quiet.

Because I replaced the stock fan with one of a lower CFM, I would not suggest running the supply at full load without putting the old fan back in. Although it will probably be fine in an average temperature room, if you intend to use this supply for the full 1050 watts, the old fan will need put back in, but keep in mind the stock fan is loud. As I said, I maxed out around 400 watts on the supply, so a lower CFM fan was perfect for keeping the noise down. You can see a log of the fan replacement here.

So just to recap:

• ■The stock fan has been replaced, but is included if you want to put it back in.
    ■The stock fan is loud. The replacement fan is not.
    ■A SATA power cable is missing, leaving two cables with 4 outputs each.

Beyond those points, the power supply is in perfect working order. It is clean and fully functional, never giving me any problems. It has never seen heavy use in terms of load levels or active time. It's in great condition.

Having paid $220 for this supply, plus the cost of the replacement fan and 2-pin adapter to use it, I am asking $80 + shipping. If you are interested, PM me with a zip code and I will give you shipping estimates for UPS, USPS, or FedEx. I will not ship outside the United States or Canada.

The transaction will be conducted with PayPal. I will ship within 48 hours, excluding weekends. Most likely, I can ship the same day (if before 3 PM EST). I will allow 14 calendar days after the delivery date by tracking number for a return for a full refund, minus the cost of shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.