Discussion Sold my approx $3500 PC for a PS5 and Instantly regretted it.

AdrianTheHumble

Commendable
Jan 4, 2020
Hi guys so I sold my $3500 approx PC for a brand new PS5, I live in India and tech are very expensive here, an iPhone 13 max pro 1tb costs a whopping $2355 here, I sold my PC for various reasons and I sold the parts separately so I can't tell u how much I sold it for, my PC specs are -

AMD Ryzen 9 3900 XT
MSI Ventus OC 2X RTX 3070 8 GB
64 GB RAM G-Skill RipJaws 3600 MHz
Gigabyte Aorus X570 Pro WiFi
Corsair iCue 220T case
ADATA 1 TB m.2 SSD and Western Digital 2 TB External HDD
DeepCool Castle 360mm AIO
Antec High Current Gamer Extreme 850 Watt PSU
LG 27GN750-B G-Sync Monitor 1080p 240 Hz
Razer Kraken Tournament Edition Headset.

as I mentioned earlier I sold my PC for various reasons for a PS5, I bought my PS5 here in India for approx $921, I also bought the RTX 3070 for $921, I still have the RTX 3070 with me in possession as I have not sold it yet, I must say the PS5 graphics are really BAD! Horizon Zero Dawn running at 720p then upscaled to 1080p with DLSS looks better than Horizon Forbidden West running at performance mode 1800p, I ran HFW at 4k too on my PS5 and the 30 FPS is unacceptable, it just feels laggy, I was told by many people around me and Online that the Playstation was the best and my PC was trash and all the best games were on PS, its true but the graphics of the consoles are trash, sure I can run in Fidelity mode on PS5 but the 30 FPS is just very hard to play with, also I'm not much of a gamer I only play AAA games and thats one of the reasons why I decided to get the PS5, God of War Rangnarok, GTA 6 and other AAA games are the reason I sold my PC, I highly doubt the best games like GTA 6 will come to PC because of piracy, its also very very hard to play with a controller, Keyboard and mouse are way better and easier, I don't know what to say, guys, sorry for my bad english, any opinions? Please be nice in the comments BTW. :confused_old::rolleyes:

Hi guys so I sold my $3500 approx PC for a brand new PS5, I live in India and tech are very expensive here, an iPhone 13 max pro 1tb costs a whopping $2355 here, I sold my PC for various reasons and I sold the parts separately so I can't tell u how much I sold it for, my PC specs are -

AMD Ryzen 9 3900 XT
Corsair iCue 220T case

as I mentioned earlier I sold my PC for various reasons for a PS5, I bought my PS5 here in India for approx $921, I also bought the RTX 3070 for $921, I still have the RTX 3070 with me in possession as I have not sold it yet, I must say the PS5 graphics are really BAD! Horizon Zero Dawn running at 720p then upscaled to 1080p with DLSS looks better than Horizon Forbidden West running at performance mode 1800p, I ran HFW at 4k too on my PS5 and the 30 FPS is unacceptable, it just feels laggy, I was told by many people around me and Online that the Playstation was the best and my PC was trash and all the best games were on PS, its true but the graphics of the consoles are trash, sure I can run in Fidelity mode on PS5 but the 30 FPS is just very hard to play with, also I'm not much of a gamer I only play AAA games and thats one of the reasons why I decided to get the PS5, God of War Rangnarok, GTA 6 and other AAA games are the reason I sold my PC, I highly doubt the best games like GTA 6 will come to PC because of piracy, its also very very hard to play with a controller, Keyboard and mouse are way better and easier, I don't know what to say, guys, sorry for my bad english, any opinions? Please be nice in the comments BTW. :confused_old::rolleyes:
I wanna sue Sony for false ads saying it has a web browser it doesn't. I bought one for my parents for Hulu Netflix and other stuff including web browsing and they can't do that

Reactions: AdrianTheHumble

g-unit1111

Titan
, GTA 6 and other AAA games are the reason I sold my PC, I highly doubt the best games like GTA 6 will come to PC because of piracy

I can't imagine that Rockstar would leave out a huge percentage of the gaming market for that reason. I especially see games like GTA 6 taking advantage of RTX 3080 and 3090. Something that a PS5 wouldn't be able to touch.

I still have the RTX 3070 with me in possession as I have not sold it yet,

That actually was a pretty wise decision with the GPU market as volatile as it is right now thanks to bots and coin miners.

Reactions: AdrianTheHumble

AdrianTheHumble

Commendable
Jan 4, 2020
I wanna sue Sony for false ads saying it has a web browser it doesn't. I bought one for my parents for Hulu Netflix and other stuff including web browsing and they can't do that
Yeah dawg for sure, they were hyping the Ps5 before it released like crazy, the console can't do anything, I've put it on my couch and i don't play it, currently using my Fx 8320 and GTX 960 right now.

AdrianTheHumble

Commendable
Jan 4, 2020
I can't imagine that Rockstar would leave out a huge percentage of the gaming market for that reason. I especially see games like GTA 6 taking advantage of RTX 3080 and 3090. Something that a PS5 wouldn't be able to touch.

That actually was a pretty wise decision with the GPU market as volatile as it is right now thanks to bots and coin miners.
I don't know dawg, I don't see GTA 6 coming to PC simply because of piracy, remember GTA 5? they had to start some kind of go fund me to get that game to PC and there was severe backlash from the PC masterrace saying "GTA 5 is a PC game and it not being on PC is a mistake" remember that? also by the time GTA 6 releases we'll probably have that 7900 XT with maybe 40 Tflops of power.

AdrianTheHumble

Commendable
Jan 4, 2020
guys do u think the PS5 will be reliable? i don't want a console that i bought for around 900 dollars dying in under 6 months, all my Nvidia gpus have been very reliable, even my two fan RTX 3070.

Colif

Win 11 Master
they could be asleep, they could have other things to do.

no idea about changing thermal paste, I never did on a PS3 or PS4 before.
both of my Sony consoles still work... I just don't use them.
I didn't want a PS5 and the demand for them means you pay silly amounts. They need to make a console you can upgrade GPU on and then I might look at them. Again.

They need to make a console you can upgrade GPU on and then I might look at them. Again.
I can see MS offering a console OS (xbOS ) in a few years where you would dual boot into a protected by tpm partition that would be the exact same as the console.
Or maybe they'll just make the consoles run windows, or both.
The line is way too blurred already for something like that not to happen relatively soon.

So you spent a bunch of money on something an Amazon Fire Stick can do?
Lol what was the point of waisting you time on this post, yes like what a amazon fire stick can do, or a Roku, or a PC, or a apple tv, even a Google tv..... O my, yes I spent all that money for just that. So they specifically and only can watch TV, and browse the internet... No I also got it because my kids visit there my neaces and nephews stay there every now and then and it gives the kids games and other entertainment. However, as I was saying in my original post.... I was going mainly heater the factor of false ads not giving everyone my life story break down as to why I fully made a purchase I made

Reactions: helper800

AMD Ryzen 9 3900 XT
Corsair iCue 220T case

So you're surprised a consol that had a msrp of 1/5 the cost of your PC doesn't have the same capabilities? Lol That would be like trading a Corvette for a Sonic and complaining that it doesn't perform the same.

The PS5 has/had the good exclusive titles such as; God of War, The Last of Us, Gran Turismo, Uncharted, Ghost of Tsushima.....

Reactions: white.a.drew