[SOLVED] Sold the RAM working, returned not working??

ceejay7

Reputable
Feb 4, 2019
Hello, I need help please.

I sold my RAM to someone then later asking me to return it because it was incompatible, I was kind enough to have it returned as long as it is still working as I said to them

but now since it is not working ( PC powers on then shuts down again and then powers on ) I need help with your advice.

We sent them a full video of the RAM working as it was going through the windows 10 boot logo.

I could tell the shop from where I bought it then have them fixed it via warranty. I said them that It was working and now it is not.

I just summaried my actions.

ceejay7

Reputable
Feb 4, 2019
I just want my memory stick to be fixed, I may not sell it anymore so I can use it for troubleshooting if ever my PC tries to be stubborn.

I did the thing with the eraser and still won't work.

ceejay7

Reputable
Feb 4, 2019
they may have said that their item isn't compatible with their motherboard because my RAM is DDR4, (That guy is stupid enough not to consider the compatibility of the component) but they don't have proof installing my RAM, we had alot of proof in form of a video.

ceejay7

Reputable
Feb 4, 2019
we've been continuously arguing recently that I sell my components fully working with proofs, but they stated that they didn't installed the RAM because it wasn't compatible. They have a DDR4 Kingston RAM just like mine but it is 4gb and the interesting part is, the notch (The small space somewhere) is on the other location compared to mine. How is that a thing? If they have a DDR4 memory then it should be compatible right??

ceejay7

Reputable
Feb 4, 2019
I think they got scammed with their own RAM. I'll provide a photo of their ram comparing to mine.

https://www.mediafire.com/view/x9oc...57002817876336_4319556056784044032_n.jpg/file

My RAM stick is on the bottom.

I can assure that I have a DDR4 RAM because I'm using an A320 mobo that is DDR4 compatible and using a DDR4 RAM (see my signature)

I wanted to know if DDR4 is compatible when flipped with DDR3. I think the answer is no as they don't have the same voltage(?)

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I think they got scammed with their own RAM. I'll provide a photo of their ram comparing to mine.

https://www.mediafire.com/view/x9oc...57002817876336_4319556056784044032_n.jpg/file

My RAM stick is on the bottom.

I can assure that I have a DDR4 RAM because I'm using an A320 mobo that is DDR4 compatible and using a DDR4 RAM (see my signature)

I wanted to know if DDR4 is compatible when flipped with DDR3. I think the answer is no as they don't have the same voltage(?)
Those are not identical. Even flipping one over, the slots look off. Look at the detail of the exposed circuitry along the heat spreaders.

ceejay7

Reputable
Feb 4, 2019
They also have a DDR4 Kingston RAM just like mine but it is 4gb and the interesting part is, the notch (The small space somewhere) is on the other location compared to mine. I think they flipped out my RAM forcing it to be compatible with the motherboard (Maybe it is ddr2 or ddr3) motherboard. I don't know if that is possible though

If they forced it to that then that might have been the reason why my RAM is not working now

ceejay7

Reputable
Feb 4, 2019
So if even flipping my RAM and forcing it to be compatible from what kind of motherboard they have might been the turning point? or it is a no because if my RAM when flipped still doesn't fit to their mobo.

ceejay7

Reputable
Feb 4, 2019
If they cannot fit it both side, there might be a problem with their carrying. They might have dropped it after I sold it to them?

Even if they said that it isn't compatible with the motherboard they have, they might have used other motherboards that I don't know.