soldering iron's internal wire frequently breaks

Jacob 51

Notable
Dec 31, 2020
My soldering irons (2) are cheap ones (i don't do professional soldering and these fit my purpose.) and they have not much inside them but a resistor connected to two black and red wires and to the iron tip.

The wire inside them breaks frequently and I have to check it everytime i use the iron. I use the iron for less than 10 minute a day.

Once the resistor blew out because the wires touched each other and I had to change it.

so technically, I use the other one to fix one and vice versa.

What do I do? Why is this happening? The wires are not getting pulled by any means.

kanewolf

Titan
My soldering irons (2) are cheap ones (i don't do professional soldering and these fit my purpose.) and they have not much inside them but a resistor connected to two black and red wires and to the iron tip.

The wire inside them breaks frequently and I have to check it everytime i use the iron. I use the iron for less than 10 minute a day.

Once the resistor blew out because the wires touched each other and I had to change it.

so technically, I use the other one to fix one and vice versa.

What do I do? Why is this happening? The wires are not getting pulled by any means.
Let's see ... "cheap" was in your description. So bad design? Poor quality materials? All the above.
Instead of speculating, replace them both with one higher quality unit.