Status
Not open for further replies.

ah1stb

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2009
1_What is your budget? 2,000 up to 2,500 whichever is best for budget

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 15.4"-16"

3_What screen resolution do you want? 1080p

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? weight doesnt matter bulk does

5_How much battery life do you need? 2+ hours of Office/Net time; Dont plan on gaming on battery power alone

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Crysis High, ARMA II High

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing, surfing the web, playing music, watching movies, Etc.) Movies, Music, MS Office, Web

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need? 500gb 7200rpm

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them. www.hp.com

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop? Deploying to Afghanistan next summer, 3 years at least

11_If you would like to mention some other things about purchasing your ideal laptop, post them.

Looking for built in finger print reader or facial recognition; Needs a blu-ray readable drive; My concern is the processor, which would be best for some gaming, I dont plan on doing too much multi-tasking. I have been comparing the GT 130M and GTX 260M and I would prefer the 260 however HP does not offer it. but I like everythign else about the HP HDX16t and it is my ideal laptop but dont know if it will run ARMA II. I want a fast processor, quick boot times, good enough video card to run the games I mentioned above on high settings.

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

ASUS
SAGER
HP

13_What country do you live in?

USA

For that budget definitely take a look @ SAGER NP8662 or ASUS G51VX,they have a GTX 260M that can play crysis on high but if u run it @ native resolution which is 1920x1200 then the FPS won't be very well so u have to play it on high but with a lower resolution.

With that budget,u can get AW M17x/SAGER NP9850 if u want a 17" model,they are the best notebook currently available,take a look @ them IMO because they have a reasonable price too and deliver great performance

Depends on which version of the Asus. They make 3 of them that have different processors. Two of them have dual cores (at 2.23ghz and 2.53) these are the cheaper version and compete more directly in price to the Sager I linked. The third model comes with a Quad core at 2.00ghz and costs almost 2 grand. I don't feel that the slower clocked quad is worth the inflated price. Aside from that, there isn't a whole lot different between the Asus G51 and the Sager NP8662 so it comes down to brand preference. Having owned a Sager before, that's where my personal choice would lay.

Status
Not open for further replies.