Solid Gaming PC, yet loading slower than others...advice?

ranger9782

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2013
So here's my specs:
Windows 7 (Prefer over 10)
I7-6700k (o'cd to 4.7ghz)
Asus Maximus Hero VIII mobo
Asus GTX 1070 OC edition (drivers UTD)
Toshiba RD-400 PCIe SSD
32GB G-Skill DDR4
Corsair 110i Liquid cooling on CPU

So here's my question...I play a good amount of Battlefield 1, and somehow most of the other players load in way before me. A few of my friends do, and one of them is playing on an older i5 with a gtx 970....
Yes, my settings are on Ultra...Is that the reason? If so, what setting would I want to tune down to improve the load times the most? Any other tips or suggestions?

Thank you, I'm really at a loss here. I know it may not be the biggest deal, but it's mind-boggling that with specs like that I'm the last to load in.

ranger9782

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2013

Sorry, should've noted that.
Yes, everything is running off the SSD...and my Ping is usually between 18-29, so I don't think that is the issue either...It's almost always better than most other players.

Looks you're not the only one with slow load times:

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/41882/loading-game-takes-forever

The only promising solutions I saw were doing a repair, and someone who said they had it installed on their SSD but their Documents folder on a HD. Every time it loaded it seemed to cache the data to the Doc folder so it took forever. Moving their Doc folder to the SSD helped, but not sure if it was an issue with the game or Windows.

ranger9782

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2013

I appreciate the help and the thoroughness. I went through those forums earlier, and a lot of it was not relevant, and the other half was inconclusive.
I mean my Windows is installed on the PCIe ssd as well, and the only other drive is a Samsung 850 evo that has nothing but photos on it....and even if somehow it managed to get on the samsung ssd, it still shouldn't be choking like that.

Is battlefield the only game where you experience this? My first guess is that this isn't hardware related. Have you run a speed test to ensure your getting the correct DL/UL speeds your ISP is promising? And what speeds are those?

How much of a time difference are you experiencing compared to other players? A second, 20 seconds...?

ranger9782

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2013

I would say it's probably 5-10 seconds. Long enough that I never get any vehicles at start.

It's hard to say if I experience it any other games, I haven't noticed any though. It's just very apparent in BF1.

Here's my speedtest.net results:

You may want to go the nuclear route and do a complete re-installation. I thought in BF1 there was like a 30 second wait time for every one to get in the game before you could even grab vehicles etc...?