Solid red light on the VGA Led (Help!)

lootgod

Prominent
Oct 9, 2017
Alright so I'm building my pc and I tested the build a couple times everything comes on but then the monitor has a black screen and the vga led is on with a red light. I have a z170 asus motherboard and an evga 1080 to hybrid graphics card. Here is my full part list:

CPU: Intel - Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Thermaltake - Water 3.0 Ultimate 99.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus - Z170-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory
Storage: Seagate - 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Hybrid Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB SC2 HYBRID GAMING Video Card
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
Optical Drive: LG - GH24NSC0 DVD/CD Writer
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64

The graphics card came with an 8 pin and a 6 pin that both go into the graphics card, HOWEVER, the 8 pin does not work regularly with the graphics card so I looked it up previously and found that if you plug the 8 pin that comes with the card into the power supply and the power supply one into the graphics card they actually fit, not sure if this could be the cause of the problem but it doesn't fit the other way.

Please help me I just wanna game on my new pc!

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Since your PSU has all the needed power connectors, you don't need to use the included power adapters that came with your GPU at all. It is also stated so in your GPU manual, page 4.

Red VGA LED on your MoBo states that your MoBo is unable to detect connected GPU. Either remove your dedicated GPU and plug your monitor directly to the MoBo or use 2nd GPU. If you see your PC boot up just fine, your GPU might be DOA. To confirm that, plug your GPU into another PC and look if you get some life out of it. If not or if you don't have 2nd PC, RMA your GPU.