Question solid state drive issue

Hello all on Black Friday my cousin bought this

TEAMGROUP AX2 512GB 3D NAND TLC 2.5 Inch SATA III Internal Solid State Drive SSD (Read Speed up to 540 MB/s) Compatible with Laptop & PC Desktop T253A3512G0C101 https://a.co/d/29Mh0pS

It arrived today and he installed it in his PC, he said upon booting the computer it detected the new ssd and only new ssd even though everything else was still securely connected. However when he unplugs the new ssd everything else comes back

I don't understand if this is a issue with the ssd or the mobo... But I can plug a normal hdd into the same spot as the new ssd and no problems, it only with the new ssd plugged the original boot disappeared and both of his storage drives. They don't exist in the bios anywhere if I boot to Linux love distro via USB it will find the new ssd but none of the old drives
Any suggestions is there a problem with the ssd itself or is there something between the mobo and ssd

The mobo is an Asus z87-k

Last edited:
first boot after installing the ssd,boot to bios and make sure your old drive is the boot drive.
I would reset bios settings to default.
That's just it there is nothing in the bios besides the ssd when it's plugged in
Right now he has a 450gb ssd as his boot/driver/os storage, and two hdd's for storage no info on them forgot to get it, however with normal setup runs fine plug the second ssd in and it's the only thing registering for some reason, and It maybe the bios vs because he's never touched it it's on the original bios..... And there's like 800 on the website is there a recommend order cause I don't feel like spending a day going one by one

first boot after installing the ssd,boot to bios and make sure your old drive is the boot drive.
I would reset bios settings to default.
That's just it there is nothing in the bios besides the ssd when it's plugged in
Right now he has a 450gb ssd as his boot/driver/os storage, and two hdd's for storage no info on them forgot to get it, however with normal setup runs fine plug the second ssd in and it's the only thing registering for some reason, and It maybe the bios vs because he's never touched it it's on the original bios..... And there's like 800 on the website is there a recommend order cause I don't feel like spending a day going one by one

USAFRet

Titan
and It maybe the bios vs because he's never touched it it's on the original bios..... And there's like 800 on the website is there a recommend order cause I don't feel like spending a day going one by one
Every motherboard and BIOS update sequence are different.

Some, you can go directly to the latest one.
Others, there can be multiples ones in the middle required.

Every motherboard and BIOS update sequence are different.

Some, you can go directly to the latest one.
Others, there can be multiples ones in the middle required.
thats what i was trying to figure out with this one, im not finding anywhere on the asus website that this needs to be done in any particular order. so i think i can just jump to the last bios they offered for it however i was wanting a second opion on it because i didnt want to brick a pc he has had no issue using since he built it, and amazingly enough has had zero issue it's whole life on a stock bios.

USAFRet

Titan
thats what i was trying to figure out with this one, im not finding anywhere on the asus website that this needs to be done in any particular order. so i think i can just jump to the last bios they offered for it however i was wanting a second opion on it because i didnt want to brick a pc he has had no issue using since he built it, and amazingly enough has had zero issue it's whole life on a stock bios.
Looking through the BIOS notes, I see nothing about needing a previous version to update to later versions.
If there were such a req, they would list it.