[Solved] 850 Evo shows in Bios & device manager, but not in Disk Management & My computer

xeddiex

Respectable
Aug 27, 2017
Sorry folks for my bad english and its gonna be a long story, but here is goes:

I got 2 SSDs and a HDD installed+plugged, and I had Win10 installed in my M.2 SM961.
However, I could not see the 850EVO in "My computer".
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Checked bios - its there
Checked disk management - NOT there
Checked device manager - its there
Checked RST - its there
Checked Samsung Magician - NOT there
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I guess maybe because I didnt change to AHCI mode, so I turned that on in Bios and reinstall Win10, but no luck.
I also tried unplugging the 850 and my HDD, leaving only the M.2 plugged + reinstall Win10 + plug the cables again, still no luck.
Switching SATA ports - It did change the SATA position when I looked at Bios, and no luck again.
Changing SATA cables - Since Asus MB came with 2 cables, so I tried switching, same result.

My MB: Asus Strix B250I Gaming
My SSDs: Samsung 850EVO 500GB, SM961 256GB

Solution
Had it fixed finally, but its kind of odd.

I took it to a local store for inspection.
The technician plugged it to his win7 pc, then "unallocated space" was showing in "Disk management".
Also, it pops up directly in "My computer" after creating volume. So it was 100% working when I was in the store.

I took it home and tried, and its working like a champ.
All I did was just plugging it back to the same cable & same sata port (where it was not working)

So Im not sure why it needed a jumpstart from someone else's pc.
Maybe the 850Evo is not happy with Win10?? But ehhhhh its working now so....:pt1cable:

xeddiex

Respectable
Aug 27, 2017
Had it fixed finally, but its kind of odd.

I took it to a local store for inspection.
The technician plugged it to his win7 pc, then "unallocated space" was showing in "Disk management".
Also, it pops up directly in "My computer" after creating volume. So it was 100% working when I was in the store.

I took it home and tried, and its working like a champ.
All I did was just plugging it back to the same cable & same sata port (where it was not working)

So Im not sure why it needed a jumpstart from someone else's pc.
Maybe the 850Evo is not happy with Win10?? But ehhhhh its working now so....:pt1cable:

Solution