[SOLVED] [Solved] All Games Locked to 60 FPS

Anoraki

Commendable
Apr 4, 2017
I got a new 165Hz 1440p monitor to upgrade from my 60Hz 1080p monitor, and the higher refresh rate is noticeable and working on my desktop and software, but my in-game framerates are stuck at 60 in every game. I have 2 other monitors that are 60Hz that I use for other things. I'm using a 980 Ti, so it can definitely go above 60FPS in Minecraft and CSGO. The monitor is connected via DisplayPort.

Stuff I've Tried (With no success):
  • Unplugging/disconnecting 60Hz monitors
  • Turning V-Sync off, as well as forcing it off in NVInspector
  • Enabling high performance mode in NVI and on Windows
  • Disabling Game Bar/DVR
  • Disabling full screen optimizations
  • Disabling Freesync/GSync
  • Disabling DisplayHDR
  • Turning on Game preset on monitor
  • Turning on low-latency mode on monitor
  • Making sure monitor is detected as 165Hz in Windows and NVCP
  • Full driver clean with DDU (safe mode and restart)
  • Updated to newest stable drivers
  • Frame limiting to 165FPS through NVI

Solution
Kinda stupid, but I solved my problem. RiveTuner opens hidden on startup so I didn't notice it was there. Was locking all games to 60 FPS. Thanks for the help.

Lutfij

Titan
We will need more information. Make and model of your 165Hz 1440p display? Just for added measure what is the make and model of your PSU and how old is it? Which version of Windows 10(assuming) are you on?

Minecraft and CS:GO are the only two games you've taxed the system while on the new panel?

Anoraki

Commendable
Apr 4, 2017
We will need more information. Make and model of your 165Hz 1440p display? Just for added measure what is the make and model of your PSU and how old is it? Which version of Windows 10(assuming) are you on?

Minecraft and CS:GO are the only two games you've taxed the system while on the new panel?
  1. The model is Dell S3220DGF, I think it's exclusive to Best Buy.
  2. PSU is a Corsair CX850M, got it about 3 years ago
  3. Windows 10 v18362

I've tried more than Minecraft and CSGO, those are just the two more obvious/easy to launch titles. I've tried less demanding games like Rimworld and CSS, as well as heavy games like GTA V and GR Wildlands.

Sorry I didn't reply quickly, I never got a notification for the reply.

Anoraki

Commendable
Apr 4, 2017
Kinda stupid, but I solved my problem. RiveTuner opens hidden on startup so I didn't notice it was there. Was locking all games to 60 FPS. Thanks for the help.

Reactions: FioGermi
Solution