[SOLVED] AMD Driver instalation freezes, on Win10

R4MP4G3RXD

Commendable
Feb 12, 2017
Hello everyone!

So recently I got hit pretty hard by a dropper, because I was doing something stupid without any antivirus software, but thankfully I stopped it in time before it did major harm to my system. I cleaned it with hitman pro and Malwarebytes.
After this I noticed that I couldn't lower my screen brightness, and sure enough my graphics drivers were non existent. OKAY. I installed my Intel integrated graphics driver to fix my monitor dimming problem, but I couldn't install my AMD driver, because it would freeze at the driver installation part(~98% of the install).
After I tried this with the auto detect recommended and beta driver, than I tried this with the driver I found while looking up my GPU, I still had no luck.
So I tried going into safe mode to install drivers but AMD drivers don't really like to be installed in safe mode, while I was there I did a system file check, and fixed my system files, and scanned my registry for issues with ccleaner.
After I had no luck that way I did a driver cleanup with DDU, I uninstalled both graphics drivers(Intel and AMD), and tried again.
Still no luck, so I went back into safe mode and installed the AMD driver directly trough the device manager, and everything seemed alright until I wanted to boot out of safe mode into normal windows. I'd get to the login screen, where I'd type in my password, and then while its logging me in it locks up on the login screen...
Back to safe mode and I uninstalled my AMD driver again, and I tried to install the one that's provided by my manufacturer(legacy driver)..
Still no luck, so I go back uninstall everything again and try to reinstall vs redists.
Sure enough that didn't help, and now I don't know what I should do..
I'm considering reinstalling my windows, but I really don't want to reinstall all my programs if I don't have to. What should I try to do?
(Please keep in mind everything was working fine until I got infected, and then cleaned it.)

Laptop: Dell Inspiron 3537
Processor: i7-4500u
Graphics cards: -Intel HD 4400
-AMD Radeon HD 8850M
Ram: 8gb
Primary disk is a 120gb transcend ssd
Secondary is a blue wd 1tb(stock hdd in a caddy)

Solution

R4MP4G3RXD

Commendable
Feb 12, 2017

After a crapton of fiddling around I managed to fix it, it seems some virus attacked vs c++ 2012, because it wasn't installed, and I also repaired vs c++ 2013, after these it seems to be working just fine. AMD should really install redists before their drivers, but oh well. :p
I found the redists in the amd driver installer folder: "C:\AMD\*driver version*\Packages\Apps"

Solution