(Solved Answer) how to solve this problem “Print Spooler service keeps Stopping Automatically”,

Rrsheikh Rrsheikh

Reputable
May 3, 2014
Solved Answer

This post will guide you how to solve this problem “Print Spooler service keeps Stopping Automatically”, actually there are many reasons behind that, The main reason is the driver conflicting (Please update the printer drivers), however we explained everything in this post, please follow the following steps to get rid of this problem “Print Spooler keeps Stopping Automatically”. If you followed all above steps properly, i am sure about it the problem can not persist any more. Print spooler service stopping automatically, print spooler service is automatically stopping, spooler stop, print spooler stops suddenly, print spooler stopped can’t install printer.

Steps

1. Open Services page

(For windows xp) Click on Start and then click on RUN then Type Services.msc in RUN box then hit enter
(For windows 7, 8, Vista) Click on Start and then Type Services.msc in Search box then hit enter
print-spooler-stopped-automatically2

print-spooler-stopped-automatically1

2. Find “Print spooler” Service and then Double click on it.

print spooler keeps crashing

2. You will see a “Stop” button, Stop the Service for while

print-spooler-stopped-automatically4

3. Go to “Recovery Tab”

4. (Important Step) Change “First Failure” & “Second Failure” Value under “Recovery Tab”

Change the value of “First Failure” to “Restart the Service”
Change the value of “Second Failure” to “Restart the Service”
print-spooler-stopped-automatically5

5. Make sure the RPC Service is the dependencies of the “print spooler”

print-spooler-stopped-automatically6

6. Then Leave it until next step is complete

7. Delete all the print job from this path “c:\windows\system32\spool\PRINTERS”

Delete all the files under this following path (make it clean)
c:\windows\system32\spool\PRINTERS
print-spooler-stopped-automatically7

8. Now Start the print Spooler Service.

Come again “print spooler” Configuration page and click on “Start” Button.
print-spooler-stopped-automatically8

Restart your computer

If the Problem still persist then you must be try these more Additional Advanced Steps

9. (Important Step) Run a command “SFC /scannow” in Command prompt (with Administrative Right)

print-spooler-stopped-automatically9

10 (Important Step) Run one more command “chkfdsk /f /r” in Command prompt (with Administrative Right)

print-spooler-stopped-automatically10

11. (Important Step) Delete all unwanted printers from the computer.

print-spooler-stopped-automatically11

12. (Important Step) Make sure all printers are installed with correct drivers “there is not driver conflicting”(Please reinstall printer drivers again)

print-spooler-stopped-automatically12

Restart your computer

If you followed all above steps properly, i am sure about that the problem can not persist any more.

Chad_3

Reputable
Oct 21, 2015
One thing I have ran across is the owner of the Spooler file was wrong. I have seen where the owner of the Spool file needs to be Administrator. Look here c:\Windows\System32\spool and check the owner of that file.

Finijumper

Reputable
Jun 28, 2015

I can't see any file on that directory.

Tseax

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2009

Actually, "c:\Windows\System32\spool" is a directory - Rrsheikh Rrsheikh said nothing about a file (for whatever reason) . Perhaps he was suggesting that one "own" that directory. On my machine it's owned by "System" by default. That can be changed under the spool directories Options > Security > Advanced > Permissions tab. Not sure that would be a wise move though. Before doing that it might be safer to add your username to the Permissions list and giving yourself Full Permission. Failing that (and before reinstalling Windows yet again) perhaps then try changing the Owner.