Question [SOLVED] Asus ROG STRIX Gaming RTX 2060 Rev A trouble. Faulty card or incompatible motherboard might be answers why?

Jun 18, 2019
Hello,
its the second day in my hassle trying to properly install my new Asus RTX 2060, and I guessed I might aswell look for help :)
I have a dual boot pc with Ubuntu 18.04 and Windows 10. After trying out everything I found on forums ,basically purging everything Nvidia and reinstalling from the graphics PPA, I figured it should be easier to get my new card going on Windows 10 and come back to Ubuntu later.

I reinstalled my Windows 10 fresh, and installed the driver via Geforce Experience (Go Bloatware).
After this it does allow me to set my monitor on its highest resolution, but the benchmarks are aweful.
I am wondering if I should consider the card broken and ask for a new one from Amazon, but that takes a long time =(

The Asus Webpage compatibility manual indicates that my motherboard and graphics card are not compatible, but my mobo has PCi3/16, which is what the card uses, so wtf (>_<).
halp?

Specs of my pc:
==============
Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming
Proc: Intel i7-6700 Skylake
Ram: 2x8Gb G.Skill TridentZ
Graphics card: see title
PSU: Corsair TX 650M

Thanks in advance

Jun 18, 2019
Thx for the quick answer!

UEFI: BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 1805, 5/13/2016
Resolution: 1920x1200

For benchmarking I downloaded Heaven Benchmark 4.0, but it doesn't find a .dll so I guessed I could look for an online benchmarker, and used https://web.basemark.com

Jun 18, 2019
No, no, it's just that my equipment in general is a bit oldish, and I am only interested in upgrading the gpu for deeplearning. Plus, found the RTX really cheap on amazon.
What are your thoughts on the supposed mobo/gpu incompatibility?

TRENDING THREADS