[SOLVED] [SOLVED] ASUS TUF B450M-PLUS no beep no start no nothing

Feb 13, 2020
Hi,

Hopefully someone knows what the problem might be, looks like I am missing something... I have following hardware:

ASUS TUF B450M-PLUS GAMING (with "AMD RYZEN 300 DESKTOP READY" sticker)
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X (AM4, 3.6 GHz)
CORSAIR Vengeance (1 x, 32 GB, DDR4-2666, DIMM 288-Pin) (tested all slots)
ASUS CERBERUS-GTX1050TI-O4G
PSU 520W

After turning on, only motherboard logo turns on colors and GPU cooler spins up for just half a second.
Otherwise no beeps from pc speaker, no spin on cpu cooler

I am thinking unsupported memory stick, but shouldn't there be beeps from the speaker?

Thanks for any tips!
Szmatuafy

Last edited:
Solution
Thanks for your answer. The motherboard has the sticker "AMD RYZEN 300 DESKTOP READY", so I would assume that it's already correct BIOS version.

As far as memory is concerned, I'd like to expand to 4 x 32GB in the future (it's a dev machine not gaming rig) but perhaps I went too far. Would I get any sound from pc speaker if my memory was not supported?

Make sure you have all your power cables plugged in correctly

Also as far as RAM goes, there no guarantee adding in RAM like that will work. As RAM gets faster the compatibility between mismacthed sticks goes down even among the same make and model. It it strongly recommended you buy the RAM you need at the time you put it in otherwise as I said you risk the strong...
The BIOS for that mobo could not be updated to support the 3000 series Ryzen.

Its getting more rare to not have a factory updated BIOS however it still happen so that could very well be it. The box usually wont indicate BIOS version but sometimes there is a stick that they place on it that says something like 3000 Series ready. You could also check the website if you oredred online and see if they say it supports it, if it does then contact customer support and get a replacement. Otherwise you will have to try and exchange the board for something else or https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-100 get the freeloaner CPU from AMD to update your BIOS.

Also if you can I would strongly suggest returning that RAM and buy a dual channel kit of 3200mhz or faster RAM, so for 32GB two 16GB stick s or for 16gb two 8gg otherwise you will have performance loss.

Reactions: szmatuafy
Feb 13, 2020
Thanks for your answer. The motherboard has the sticker "AMD RYZEN 300 DESKTOP READY", so I would assume that it's already correct BIOS version.

As far as memory is concerned, I'd like to expand to 4 x 32GB in the future (it's a dev machine not gaming rig) but perhaps I went too far. Would I get any sound from pc speaker if my memory was not supported?

Make sure you have all your power cables plugged in correctly

Also as far as RAM goes, there no guarantee adding in RAM like that will work. As RAM gets faster the compatibility between mismacthed sticks goes down even among the same make and model. It it strongly recommended you buy the RAM you need at the time you put it in otherwise as I said you risk the strong possibility of either new RAM not working at all or causing stability issues.

Also even if its not gaming, slow single channel RAM still effects performance in other tasks, Dual Channel is a must and 3200mhz is strongly advised.

Solution
Feb 13, 2020
OK, so I have returned the memory and ordered 2 x 16GB that is on QVL for that motherboard.. let's see if it will help with my problem... next planned step is to take out motherboard out of the case and check everything once again, but I don't think there is much space for mistake when plugging cables.. let's see

xrafael95x

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2015
OK, so I have returned the memory and ordered 2 x 16GB that is on QVL for that motherboard.. let's see if it will help with my problem... next planned step is to take out motherboard out of the case and check everything once again, but I don't think there is much space for mistake when plugging cables.. let's see

try to mount the system out of the case use your motherboard box asthe case, like if you were using a test bench

Feb 13, 2020
OK, so problem solved...

First I followed the suggestion to mount everything outside (didn't really understand why would it help) and then after connecting just the vital parts I noticed that there were two problems - chassis fan connector & front panel connector. Once any of them is connected to the board, the system doesn't start up anymore.. Well, perhaps my 10 year old case (Fractal Design Define Mini Tower bought in 2013) is not 100% compatible anymore...

Anyway, thanks for help, much appreciated!