Question [Solved] Best RAM for Gaming laptops?

Mar 13, 2019
I have an Asus TUF FX505DU coming my way and it comes with an AMD apu. It seems that AMD processors benefit a lot from memory, so i'd like to ask what are the best RAM modules for gaming laptops? This is my first time getting a proper gaming device so i guess you could say i don't have a proper gaming background either lol, thanks!

Jul 2, 2019
I have an Asus TUF FX505DU coming my way and it comes with an AMD apu. It seems that AMD processors benefit a lot from memory, so i'd like to ask what are the best RAM modules for gaming laptops? This is my first time getting a proper gaming device so i guess you could say i don't have a proper gaming background either lol, thanks!
this model of computer has 8 gb of memory so 4 of it is probably attatched to the motherboard

I know what i'm about to say is for a intel but
I bought the tuf fx504gm-es74
I7-8750H
16gb single stick of 2666mhz
256gb m.2
1tb seagate firecuda
Gtx 1060 6gb
I just replaced my ram with G.skill ripjaws 2x8 16gb 2666 so now it running in dual channel mode
And my ghost recon runs alot smoother.
Userbench mark and 3dmark firestrike scores are better also.

I also have a Amd A8 laptop with hyperx
2x8 16gb 1600 supposedly self overclocking ram but i can't tell if it's any better or not.
I know this doesn't give you much to go on but dual channel config has helped mine.
Also asus tech support didn't offer any words of advise saying there typical "we don't recommend any upgrade info and any done is at your own risk"

Mar 13, 2019
this model of computer has 8 gb of memory so 4 of it is probably attatched to the motherboard
it's actually 1 stick of 8GB ram, and i'm planning on buying 2 8GB sticks to run it in dual channel. The processor also only supports up to 2400MHz memory according to the specs.

I just replaced my ram with G.skill ripjaws 2x8 16gb 2666 so now it running in dual channel mode
And my ghost recon runs alot smoother.
Userbench mark and 3dmark firestrike scores are better also.

I also have a Amd A8 laptop with hyperx
2x8 16gb 1600 supposedly self overclocking ram but i can't tell if it's any better or not.
I'd like to say thanks for giving me an insight into your config! As i've said to the other commenter, this particular AMD processor only supports up to 2400MHz ram speeds, so i'm guessing overcloking ram modules won't even do a thing lol. However, are there any other brands you might recommend? i might look into the G.skill ripjaws

Seeing how i haven't been able to tell if the hyperx actually works G.skill is my preferred ram.
Crucial is pretty good also.
And talking with a Crucial tech rep about a drive i was trying to troubleshoot he instantly recommended to rma the drive (5yr warranty) after telling him what all i had done.
He also told me purchasing from there web or buy phone order you have a 45 day return policy.

Mar 13, 2019
Seeing how i haven't been able to tell if the hyperx actually works G.skill is my preferred ram.
Crucial is pretty good also.
And talking with a Crucial tech rep about a drive i was trying to troubleshoot he instantly recommended to rma the drive (5yr warranty) after telling him what all i had done.
He also told me purchasing from there web or buy phone order you have a 45 day return policy.
Some of my friends just got back to me and suggested the same brands, they seem to like the kingston and crucial brands better, but i'll see if i can find all of them in a store. Thanks for the suggestions!

Where do you live.
Best buy will price match.
Here is an example of best buy near me.
I looked at 2 stores near me the first didn't have 16gb of 2400 but the 2nd store near did.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/corsai...4-laptop-memory-black/6063100.p?skuId=6063100

And If you live near a city that has a Micro Center they also price match
Here is an example of micro center.

https://www.microcenter.com/product...-channel-so-dimm-memory-kit-f4-2400c16d-16grs

To see if there is a store near you.
To the right of the micro center logo link you can change the city or go to the web store.
There only problem is some items can only be purchased in store only.
I live in the Denver metro area there is a mc
In the Dtc area so it's about a 25 mile drive.