May 20, 2020
OKAY SO I literally made this account because my partner's been wrestling with a bsod loop all morning. For context, this PC is a beefy little thing,
The sort of PC this thing is is as follows:

An HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 790 -0XXX which includes
32GB of RAM
an Intel Core i7-9700 CPU @ 3.00GHz
and is running windows 10

Ever since we've had the thing (we bought it around December), we've had zero issues with it until now. The thing has been running like a champ given she streams and likes to play pretty hefty games like Dark Souls 3, Conan Exiles, occasionally Terraria, etc.

And this is where the issues began.

She installed a mod for DS3 called Cinders, and a few hours into playing the mod (which is a pretty fun overhaul I may add) the whole of her PC BSODs out of nowhere. In the six months we've had it, this is the first time it's ever thrown this huge of a fit. As I am typing this, it regularly crashes every five to ten minutes as if it were clockwork. Whenever it restarts, its disk quickly goes to 100%, and the thing chugs as if it were maxed out on everything. After a few minutes, however, it does level back out and operates as normal.... until it crashes again.
She's slowly going through updating all of the drivers one by one in the Devices menu, practically trying to speedrun through until all of them are updated before another bsod hits. We've already gone through and taken the step to turn off "quickstart" and deleted what we thought was all of the mod files, but it still persistently crashes. We've also done a Memory Diagnostic, but it didn't detect any problems (go figure). If anyone knows how to help with this, we're all trying to do this without resorting to a full factory reset, given we don't have a Window's disk. Please help!!!

Last edited:
Solution
There is a lot going on with microsoft and HP at the moment. Since the start of the month a lot of HP gaming/business desktops have been having the kmode loop without any codes. The best advice I've found at this point is too do the following:

1. Use a restore point to before May the whole month in general has been a mess.
  2. Disable fast start up
  3. Pause Windows updates to the farthest date out you can. This is because when that date comes it will force you to update atleast one file from a windows update.
  4. Pause updates from HP Support Assistant
  5. If you are using another Antivirus great it disables Windows Defender for you. If not Disable it install anything else for the time being and TURN ON TAMPER PROTECTION.
Note...
At this stage there is no way to tell what it may be. Do you have any error messages it gives?

Whenever it restarts, its disk quickly goes to 100%, and the thing chugs as if it were maxed out on everything.
Is dis a disk drive or ssd ? You need to specify all of the hardware.

She installed a mod for DS3 called Cinders
Did you check for malware? Do you have any anti virus software installed?

Reactions: rgd1101
May 20, 2020
At this stage there is no way to tell what it may be. Do you have any error messages it gives?

Is dis a disk drive or ssd ? You need to specify all of the hardware.

Did you check for malware? Do you have any anti virus software installed?
It's a disk drive, not a solid state. Wish I had a solid state tho

May 20, 2020
In addition, as I was trying to do a hard reset, it kept giving the error of No Boot Found or something like that? It was odd, so I just ended up forcing it to hardcore reset to an earlier time. Hope things stabilize 🤞

May 21, 2020
There is a lot going on with microsoft and HP at the moment. Since the start of the month a lot of HP gaming/business desktops have been having the kmode loop without any codes. The best advice I've found at this point is too do the following:

1. Use a restore point to before May the whole month in general has been a mess.
  2. Disable fast start up
  3. Pause Windows updates to the farthest date out you can. This is because when that date comes it will force you to update atleast one file from a windows update.
  4. Pause updates from HP Support Assistant
  5. If you are using another Antivirus great it disables Windows Defender for you. If not Disable it install anything else for the time being and TURN ON TAMPER PROTECTION.
Note this is all assuming it is a KMODE_EXECUTION_NOT_HANDLED error with no following code afterwards

I know this is my first post on a new account and seems sketchy fact check me. Search HP KMODE in google go to tools and change it to a 24 post history. There is a growing forum in on HPs website about this issue. Best of luck

Link is here if you trust me or not.
https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Deskt...very/KMODE-EXCEPTION-NOT-HANDLED/td-p/7591788

Solution