Question Solved by OP. Windows won't boot

Sep 18, 2022
Hi everyone, two month ago I noticed that my PC was booting very slow especially it took a long time to pass verify dmi pool data. I changed the cmos battery and it solved the issue ... For a week! At this point windows was booting but system was very slow at verifying dmi pool data. A month after I replaced cmos battery, PC couldn't boot windows (just a blank black screen). I restarted it a few times and now it was trying to boot from cd/DVD. I reinstalled the windows. I thought maybe my hard disk is failing, so I checked crystal disk info, hard disk sentinel and hard disk was at 100 health. One week after, I'm experiencing the same issue again. I have tried to repair windows but didn't help. I'm assuming it will happen again so I haven't reinstalled windows yet. Any ideas. System is a 10 year old ,but hard disk is 4 or 5 years old.

Sep 18, 2022
If this is a ten year old system, and it is intermittently and randomly having the problems you've described, and the drive health is good, then it is most likely a motherboard or power supply issue.

What are your FULL hardware specs including exact PSU model?
If this is a ten year old system, and it is intermittently and randomly having the problems you've described, and the drive health is good, then it is most likely a motherboard or power supply issue.

What are your FULL hardware specs including exact PSU model?
Hi. A few days ago I reconnected power and SATA cable of my HDD. But I didn't connect it to the same one before, and all of a sudden it booted!!! I scanned hard disk with hd tune pro and no error! What do you think was the problem? The strange thing is I tried to repair windows and it showed no windows installed and I tried to fix bootrec and hard drive was completely empty and unallocated!!! But it booted today after SATA and power cable swap and all my files are intact. Tha

Ralston18

Titan
Agree: as stated by @Darkbreeze I would also suspect a motherboard or PSU issue.

Something loose/intermittent and hard to troubleshoot.

All may seem well now but do be sure to keep all important data backed up. At least 2 x copies away from the old and likely problematic PC.

Verify that the backups are recoverable and readable.

Sep 18, 2022
Agree: as stated by @Darkbreeze I would also suspect a motherboard or PSU issue.

Something loose/intermittent and hard to troubleshoot.

All may seem well now but do be sure to keep all important data backed up. At least 2 x copies away from the old and likely problematic PC.

Verify that the backups are recoverable and readable.
I agree, of all the parts that can go wrong, motherboard is the trickiest one to identity as source of the problem. I also checked all the transistors on MB to see if any of them is leaking and no problem in that regard