Question [Solved] Cannot get XMP to work

May 26, 2020
I have recently tried to set XMP up for the first time and i have run accross a weird (I'd say) issue:
As you can see in the attached screenshot, even after setting the multiplier to 32.00, the ram still reports 2400mhz. Furthermore, if I save and exit the bios, my system turns off, back on, back off again and then finally on, although it takes longer to boot than usual. And in windows it says 2400mhz as well.
My specs:
-Ballistix Sport 2x8b 3200mhz Dual Channel Kit RAM
-Gigabyte B450M DS3H motherboard
-Ryzen 5 3600
-Gigabyte rtx 2070 super
-Hikvision 500gb ssd
-500gb hdd (forgot the brand)
-550W psu (forgot the brand)
I have also checked whether all parts were compatible with the 3200mhz ram frequency and the answer is yes. I have been trying a day to get it to work but to no avail.
Edit: link to the images: View: http://imgur.com/gallery/XO0jMqZ

Last edited:

beers

Distinguished
BANNED
Oct 4, 2012
Furthermore, if I save and exit the bios, my system turns off, back on, back off again and then finally on, although it takes longer to boot than usual.
That's because it's failing and reverting back.

Do you have the latest BIOS? The newer AGESA code helps a bit.
Can you enable the XMP profile with a lower frequency and see success?

May 26, 2020
That's because it's failing and reverting back.

Do you have the latest BIOS? The newer AGESA code helps a bit.
Can you enable the XMP profile with a lower frequency and see success?
I do have the latest bios version which is F50.
If i try to set a value lower than 3200, it will automatically set itself to 1333mhz which as far as I know is ddr3 frequency

May 26, 2020
You should be changing the profile not setting it to auto. Select profile 1 and see what it says.
It already is set to profile 1, the only available options there are "Disabled" and "Profile 1".
The first auto below the profile refers to the 3 levels of XMP, and the other o ne to the frequency i want to set the ram to