[SOLVED] [SOLVED] Cleared CMOS Now PC Won't Display

Aug 22, 2019
Okay I was messing around in BIOS in areas that I probably should not. Saved and reset and then my PC wouldn't boot. No problem I thought, I will just clear the CMOS battery. I do so following the instructions in my motherboard manual (turn PC off, remove power cable, remove battery and wait 1 minute). Plug everything back in and I get no display. Meanwhile my fans are running, lights are all on. CPU cooler is running. GPU lights and fans are on. Motherboard lights are on, but still no display.

Troubleshooting I have tried:

• Remove the CMOS battery for 10 minutes - same results as above
  • Remove RAM and try just one stick in one slot (did this for both sticks of ram) - same results as above
  • Unplugged GPU, main power supply to motherboard, unplugged CPU power, and re-seated CPU cooler - same results as above
  • Tried using display port cable and HDMI cable on two different monitors - same results as above
Hardware:

• Ryzen 9 3900x
  • NZXT Kraken X62 280mm
  • Gigabyte X570 AORUS ELITE
  • Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
  • Inland Premium 1TB SSD 3D NAND M.2 2280
  • EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER XC GAMING
  • Seasonic FOCUS Plus 850 Gold SSR-850FX 850W
Thank you.

Edit: Thank you Fix_that_Glitch used bios flashback and now I am up and running.

Last edited:
One last thing. unplug all usb attachments, mouse, keyboard, headphones anything plugged in to usb slots. Then try a restart. Then one last try is press down on power/startup button and hold for 2 minutes. Then try a restart. If nothing works then its time for an Rma,or anyone else with any other ideas?

Reactions: oreisgold
Aug 22, 2019
One last thing. unplug all usb attachments, mouse, keyboard, headphones anything plugged in to usb slots. Then try a restart. Then one last try is press down on power/startup button and hold for 2 minutes. Then try a restart. If nothing works then its time for an Rma,or anyone else with any other ideas?
You are a beautiful human being. I realized I didn't rename the bios file to gigabyte.bin. Did that and flashed. Now I am up and running and typing this from said machine. Thank you for your help!!!!

D

Deleted member 14196

You are a beautiful human being. I realized I didn't rename the bios file to gigabyte.bin. Did that and flashed. Now I am up and running and typing this from said machine. Thank you for your help!!!!
in order to truly mark this thread as SOLVED, you click the trophy above the username to mark BEST ANSWER, then the SOLVED appears automatically and other users can see it's solved with a check mark, the forum does this for you

Reactions: Fix_that_Glitch

Colif

Win 11 Master
in order to truly mark this thread as SOLVED, you click the trophy above the username to mark BEST ANSWER, then the SOLVED appears automatically and other users can see it's solved with a check mark, the forum does this for you
it would have been marked eventually if answer was right. As it stands, I can fix it :)