SOLVED: Computer wont detect Flash Drive after running VM

Mr_Richards

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014
My computer will not detect my flash drive for some odd reason in "My Computer". This occurred after I tried access my flash drive in my VM by enabling it. This caused an Error at which I don't remember but now the flash can't be detected by my own computer. I know that assigning the flash drive a letter isn't a problem (I went through a quick check using the response here "http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/68130-63-doesn-computer-detect-flash-drive") and I know my Flash Drive isn't connected to my VM since it's completely shut off. When I open Device Manager I can see my flash drive(SanDisk Cruzer Glide USB Device, Under Disk Drives).

*There's also a strange drive (O: ) that appears as a removable disk but is empty and definitely isn't my flash drive"

I'm currently running Windows 7 on My Computer and my VM being VMWare with Windows 7 as its OS.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Mr_Richards

UPDATE: My VM now detects my flash drive but my computer now recognizes the flash drive as....

FD1.png

Solution
Fixed the issue. All I had to do was go into Device manager and uninstall the flash drive (SanDisk Cruzer Glide USB Device, Under Disk Drives) under disk drives. Then I just restarted my computer once prompted by a message.
It's possible that your attempt to connect to the flash drive in the VM has corrupted it, in which case you may need to partition and/or format the drive. It's also possible that a reboot will return things to how they were; I'd try that first.

Mr_Richards

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014
Fixed the issue. All I had to do was go into Device manager and uninstall the flash drive (SanDisk Cruzer Glide USB Device, Under Disk Drives) under disk drives. Then I just restarted my computer once prompted by a message.

Solution