Question SOLVED Crazy problems with Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX (v. 1.4) Wi-Fi drivers

timboalogo

Commendable
Aug 26, 2021
So I built a new PC with the above motherboard, build went incredibly smoothly. To be honest my 25 year old daughter did 99% of the work and I'm not kidding. I used the board because it was part of a package deal.

Wi-Fi did not work after a Windows 10 install, I scoured Tom's and the web and could not find the Intel drivers for the Intel hardware. To make a long story short, the drivers are not Intel's but Media Tek.

What really @#$%^%$'s me off is that the MOBO didn't come with a CD because most cases don't have CDs in them anymore. So Gigabyte puts them up on their site, if you can find them. It took me hours and a lot of searching to find the driver.

This site and its users have been a great help to me in the past so I thought I'd post the name of the driver that will work for anyone searching the web for a solution to the topic:

mb_driver_644_amdwifi_3.2.0.0213.exe

And a couple of shots of the Windows driver and properties for the seekers out there!

Driver + Properties

Thanks everyone and I hope this helps someone!
Timbo

What really @#$%^%$'s me off is that the MOBO didn't come with a CD because most cases don't have CDs in them anymore.
it's been over a decade since i had a retail motherboard come with included drivers, whether on DVD or CD.

it should be very easy to just type the model name/number into the manufacturer's support site and access all offered software & drivers
or just directly type in the web address included in the motherboard manual.

if it's this difficult for you to navigate a hardware manufacturer's website;
make sure you keep a link handy to this motherboard's support / downloads page because you will need to keep the BIOS and other system drivers up to date for maximum performance and compatibility into the future.

Lutfij

Titan
The drivers are listed on Gigabyte's support site here;

It's been a very long time since I've used an ODD an we suggest users download the necessary drivers for their platform while on a functioning system before migrating to a new build.

timboalogo

Commendable
Aug 26, 2021
Funny joke about how difficult it was to navigate to the manufacturer's website John! I laughed and laughed.

It's been a decade since my last build, that's why I come to this forum. So much has changed.

The confusing thing was that the box the board came in said it was a 1.x ... so searching for the 1.x led me to think that the device was a "WIFI a, b, g, n, ac, ax, supporting 2.4/5 GHz Dual-Band" as it says on https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z690-AORUS-PRO-rev-1x/support#support-dl-driver-wlanbt, which is an Intel driver. I actually navigated to the manufacturer's website! By myself! But I digress.

I just posted to help someone to find the right drivers easily in case they were as confused as I was.