[SOLVED] Solved: Display Port:"No Signal", HDMI: All OK

ArnsteinB

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
Solved/solution (in case other search for this problem)

When connected to graphic card via Display Port:
"No Signal" . When I turned on the monitors manually, the monitors display the logo, then "no signal"... and turned off (went black again)
When connected HDMI to graphic card : All OK (but only 1080p)

Short description of solution:
Disconnect power cables (mains) to the monitor(s) for 30 seconds.

Full story: Read my comment to this YouTube video:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXP0aqfsBXM
(650.000 views)

I have build my own PC's since 1992. This is the first time disconnecting the monitor MAINS have solved anything.

If you don't want to look up the video, here is my comment:

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

My story is basically identical: It started a week ago. Both monitors black (When turning them on manually Logo display, then "No signal"..and then went back to black)

I suspected defect PSU. Bought a new. Problem consisted.

Couldn't find a new or used ASUS Z97-A MB, so I bought a ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero WiFi ... but then I had to buy a new CPU (AMD Ryzen 7 2700X) ... and of course new RAM LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 32 GB.
Strangely enough Windows started like (almost) nothing had happened (from my M.2 512 GB PCI-e), despite all the hardware changes. I always have dayfresh image of C, so it wouldn't have been much trouble to restore it (with Macrium Reflect Backup)

Still the same problem. I google a lot, again.

No solution found...then.

Bought a Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1600 TI OC 6GB GDDR6. Still the same problem. Google a lot, again.

I called the seller (Komplett, Norway), the biggest computer store In Norway. Very helpful. We talked for a long time, but they had no solution. Just a lot of suggestions...that didn't work.

I have been a computer geek since 1983, and built my own PC's since 1992, but this problem seemed to be caused by sorcery.

Hours so far: 20? 30?

THEN I FOUND YOUR VIDEO !!!

Unplugged all 230V.
Brewed me a pint of cappuchino.
Plugged all 230v back in, and turned PC on, and ALL OK :):):)

It even started up in 1800P (2 x Iiyama ProLite XB3070WQS)

So, now I have some perfectly fine computer parts :750W PSU, Z97 MB, Intel I7 4790K, 16GB RAM DDR3, Nvidia GTX960 2GB. (all 2.5 year) :-( "

And 1200 USD less in my bank account :-(

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS